Whatever Happened To...

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
The "Whatever Happened To..." thread? :shrug: I last posted in it about 6 hours ago, then logged off, and now it's gone. So I must have missed whatever happened. I know that it's pretty rare for the mods to delete a thread.

I hope I'm not offending anyone or making the moderators mad for asking this question....:hide: Feel free to lock this if I am.

Edit: Nvm. Got an answer.

*secretly hopes to have his own 1 post thread disappear* :D

• Sponsors (?)

I remember back when 4.6 Talk was full of those kinds of threads. Stangnet was a lot more entertaining back then, to say the least.

Be careful we may get banned for freedom of speech !

Freedom of speech means you can go start your own website and say whatever you want there, without worry of government censorship. While on anyone else's website...you gotta play by their rules, both written and unwritten.

Freedom of speech means you can go start your own website and say whatever you want there, without worry of government censorship. While on anyone else's website...you gotta play by their rules, both written and unwritten.

Well back in the day this site was the ****, the place to go, happenin place, and now its not because its almost like the website creator or who ever gives jack **** about how it has turned out over the years and then censoeship rears its ugly head and the fun stop no matter what the subject, I can see censoring bad words but whole thread/post being delete because of why?

You would get the frustration of older member if you were an older member !

Buy morning this thread will be long gone for sure !

Well back in the day this site was the ****, the place to go, happenin place, and now its not because its almost like the website creator or who ever gives jack **** about how it has turned out over the years and then censoeship rears its ugly head and the fun stop no matter what the subject, I can see censoring bad words but whole thread/post being delete because of why?

You would get the frustration of older member if you were an older member !

Buy morning this thread will be long gone for sure !

I'm a mod on another site and I've heard the same old crap there for years. People whining about how the site used to be better. All forums go through turnover. Hell, a site specific to certain models of cars should see some serious turnover by the very nature of the car ownership timeline. That's the reason the average age in the 4.6 forum is 26 when I bet it was much older just 5 years ago.

I'm a mod on another site and I've heard the same old crap there for years. People whining about how the site used to be better. All forums go through turnover. Hell, a site specific to certain models of cars should see some serious turnover by the very nature of the car ownership timeline. That's the reason the average age in the 4.6 forum is 26 when I bet it was much older just 5 years ago.

That's very true.

I bitched and whined when I came back after 2 years off of the site. I picked a few fights, even had an argument with you a little while ago, but we all end up getting along for the most part and move a long.

I like seeing posts from members that I can put a name or avatar with, and it doesn't matter if it is a member that has been here a short time, or many years. What pisses me off is seeing brand new members that register that day and come on and throw flames all over the place. No profile, no information, no signature, no avatar, etc. The trend seems to be younger members, or members that have no grasp of the English language. Shoot, we all make mistakes in spelling, but the text messaging style of writing added with the flaming, attitudes, and ignorance of the some noobs is very annoying. It has really turned a lot of people away from this site, as well as other automotive boards over the years.

That's very true.

I bitched and whined when I came back after 2 years off of the site. I picked a few fights, even had an argument with you a little while ago, but we all end up getting along for the most part and move a long.

I like seeing posts from members that I can put a name or avatar with, and it doesn't matter if it is a member that has been here a short time, or many years. What pisses me off is seeing brand new members that register that day and come on and throw flames all over the place. No profile, no information, no signature, no avatar, etc. The trend seems to be younger members, or members that have no grasp of the English language. Shoot, we all make mistakes in spelling, but the text messaging style of writing added with the flaming, attitudes, and ignorance of the some noobs is very annoying. It has really turned a lot of people away from this site, as well as other automotive boards over the years.

I think you hit the nail on the head. (Also, I get used to people's avatars just like it was their face. Screws me up for awhile when they change it.)

That's very true.

+1 I can't stand it when noobs without a clue come on here giving bad advice to others.... especially if the person seeking advice is also a noob.

you know what i cant stand. People who use their Post count over yours to think they're big chit around here. That really makes me wanna put my foot in their ass. Ill be honest. I dont think i have ever gone to any other sub forum besides 4.6 talk/tech. I dont even like the chit chat sub forum. I like coming here, reading about peoples cars, seeing them, appreciating them. I'm pretty dam sure a whole lot of people know who I am, and I'm pretty sure I have a lot of knowledge over others....but as some said...these Noobs come here with their broken down half ass mustang thinking they're the silver back gorilla around here because they've managed to keep their POS running for an outstanding 18 month....who are saving up for that shiny intake. But as others will stroke their POST count, lemme just go sit back down. I dont know anything about either mustang I have. Sorry for the vent....

you know what i cant stand. People who use their Post count over yours to think they're big chit around here. That really makes me wanna put my foot in their ass. Ill be honest. I dont think i have ever gone to any other sub forum besides 4.6 talk/tech. I dont even like the chit chat sub forum. I like coming here, reading about peoples cars, seeing them, appreciating them. I'm pretty dam sure a whole lot of people know who I am, and I'm pretty sure I have a lot of knowledge over others....but as some said...these Noobs come here with their broken down half ass mustang thinking they're the silver back gorilla around here because they've managed to keep their POS running for an outstanding 18 month....who are saving up for that shiny intake. But as others will stroke their POST count, lemme just go sit back down. I dont know anything about either mustang I have. Sorry for the vent....

Holy chit...another LOL for me! Awesome post.:nice: