What's a 68 worth

MeanGreen41

Founding Member
Oct 2, 2001
Perry Hall Maryland
Lime green, coupe. original Las Vegas car. pretty much rust free except for a small patch in the passenger door. 289 auto with factory air, power steering, and power disc brakes. The interior is pretty nice. needs door panels and the dash to be redone. The body is really straight. It needs to be painted, needs new bumpers door handles, rubber everywhere. Oh yea the engine was rebuilt in 02. The only really bad thing holding me back is the milage, 173,000.

Tell me what ya think.

Thanks Bob

• Sponsors (?)

You're looking at a 37 year old car and you're worried about the mileage?

Depending on how it looks and drives, I would put a guesstimate window on it of 3500-5000. I got my rust-free '68 for $1900, but the driveline and fuel sytem came separately and only the fuel system is still useable.

Mine was 4000 all stock NO RUST anywhere, running and driving perfectly.

But I seem to have gotten a good deal, as 4000 seems like an I6 price around Tucson...

I'll bet if you look harder you will find more rust. Did you do the water test on the cowl, have you pulled up the carpets, what about under the battery tray. My previous car was a Texas/Arizona car that had all these problems, and more.
Agree with others that mileage is not as important as the mechanical and rust condition of the car.