What's a '74 Mustang II worth?

Jamesiii

May 5, 2008
I've been asked to sell a 1974 Mustang II, Mach 1, 3-door Fastback, for the 94 year old father-in-law of my sister. I have no idea how much to sell it for. He bought it new (? the title is dated 1975) after he turned 60 and the kids were out of the house. The state will no longer permit him to drive. The car runs good and has been maintained meticulously. The body is pristine except for rust at the lower rear area of the front fenders, under the "Mach 1" symbol. It still has the original paint, though it appears he has used some rubbing compound on the top, hood, and right side. Two of the mags are missing the small caps in their center and the small chrome trim located at the lower front of the right rear fender needs new clips. I think the interior is original--there is a 4" tear in the driver's seat, on a seam. It is a V6, automatic w/air, PS and PB.
Can anyone give me an idea of how much to sell it for?
Thanks for your help,
James

Attachments

• Mustang #1.JPG
    Mustang #1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 663
  • Mustang #2.JPG
    Mustang #2.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 214
  • Sponsors (?)

it will go high its in really good shape/i payed $500.00 for mine - the engine but then i'm putting a 289 hypo want to be in it.It is a really clean california car draw back its avacodo green and yellar having a hard time with color combo good luck with your sale i'm sure a II owner will give it a good home.

Depending on how fast you wanna sell, probably ask $1200 -$1500 to start with. If you're not in any hurry to sell, ask $2000. See what kinda action you get. The rust factor and it being a V6 are the only real killers. Some people are just plain scared of rust! But me personally, I think the V6s are fun to drive especially with a manual trans.

I sold a really, really nice un-molested '75 V8 auto Ghia with 62K orig miles on the clock and a freshly rebuilt 302 (victim of the plastic lined timing gear) for $2200.

Also sold a '78 V6 auto Coupe, black on black, super clean soild car that drove extremely nice for $950.

All depends on what the market will allow and who is looking. :shrug: