whats a good price for full length subframe install

• Sponsors (?)

bump

and another one if anybody is reading this- the instructions say i should paint them before the install to avoid rusting, but since theyre under the car i dont care how they look as long as they function. they are completely welded shut on both ends so no water can get inside so is it really necessary to paint them?

yeah deff dont paint the spots that need to be welded that defeats the purpose of tryng to weld them on :D

As far as the intstall Im not sure the Mustang I have now had them on when I got it and I never put them on my previous one.

i called around today and only 2 shops in my town will even install them. i took it to the first one and they didnt have a lift that lifted it on ramps (to preload suspension) and tried to tell me i didnt need to have the suspension loaded, so i left and went to the other and im getting them done tomorrow morning for $75-100 depending on how long it takes

Look under your car at the condition of your subframes. Mine are dented up from jackstand use, and the few shops around here wanted upwards of $300+ to install mine. I still havent gotten it done yet, cause I might just have mine welded into the floor if Im going to go to the hassle of straightening subframes anyway...

i would either paint the whole sbc with weldable primer, or wait till they are installed and shoot them with some spray can under the car.

if you spray where they are going to be welding, unless with something that says you can weld over like weld-thru primer , they are going to have to grind it down where they are welding anyway to get metal to metal contact.

i cant see weld thru spray can primer being more then like, 6 bucks a can, and you just need enough coats to cover it, it doesn't need to look pretty, being under the car.