What's been going on?

Route666

Aug 16, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Hi everyone, it's been a long while since I've had anything to do with the forum. My dreams of building my dream 69 sportsroof are on long hold because of other priorities (dreams I've had for longer + saving for house, etc). So what's been going on here? Is Eleanor still haunting the place and angering up the blood of many or is the fad subdued?

Cheers!

Brad

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, Triple-Six; you are half-right - not much has been going on around here on the Board; but quite a lot has been going on off the Board!

1.) Andy and Heather were married back in June; it was a wonderful wedding (I have a link to the piccies around here someplace) and came off well - probably mostly because Dan, Fritz, Pak and myself were unable to attend due to other commitments.

1.a) My eldest kid (Cowgirl Tink) got married to SVTCobra306 from the 5.0 and SVT Boards. Baby is due around 1 February.

2.) Mustanggurl9625 took a total geek to her Senior prom - he wore his racing suit and drove her in his Factory Five Roadster.

3.) Speaking of Cobrask8: Dan rebuilt her after the infamous "Turn 9 Incident"; stuffed in a new FRPP 347CID mill, and terrorized SAAC 33 in Jersey. Rumor has it that Watkins Glen officials are presently reviewing his tapes from SAAC 33; still trying to decide if he should be allowed back on the pavement at The Glen.

4.) Our EVIL OVERLORD has not been very active lately. However she's mentioned "a new job" as well as a new boyfriend; whom she has STILL not bothered to introduce to her "Internet Dad's, namely Fritz and myself! :mad:
Maybe it has something to do with all those baby pictures we "acquired" the last time she left the Closet Door unlocked..... :shrug:

Other than those items and a few false "Flash Flood Warnings" in The Gutter (common during hurricane season); things have been just cruising along in the normal fashion.

Thanks for the update StangDreamin', I appreciate it! A lot HAS been going on! Congrats to all with new husbands, wives, and babies! Truth told I forgot I started this thread for about a week lol. It's good to see familiar crew still ruling the roost!

Update on the Gutter / Closet flooding.....We've been having steady rain here in my corner for the last six hours with another two to three hours left. Most of the wind has died down as Hanna has moved north....We have had some serious flooding on some of the roads here as the rains started last night....I just got home from an "unofficial" stand-by at the firehouse, about ten of us were hanging out in case we got a call just so we wouldn't have to drive to the firehouse in the rain / wind if we had gotten a call. Some of the younger one's are hanging out for most of the night, one of the guys had brought his Wii console up and they were playing "Rock Star" and some of the Wii sports games.
Midnight was my cut off - I guess I'm just too much of a Grizzled Board Elder to hang all night.

Yo, StDr-- I must have missed something there....THE EVIL OVERLORD has a new boyfriend???:eek: When did this happen? And yer darn tootin' we gotta meet the fella!!! :fuss:
And since he hasn't yet ask our permission to woo our Chelle, I say...To paraphrase myself...
SEND HIM INTO THE CLOSET AND WE'LL TEACH HIM A LESSON HE'LL NEED YEARS OF THERAPY TO GET OVER!
:nono:

Good luck with the weather! I haven't lived in a place with a cyclone SEASON for a few years, it's kinda nice not having that as an almost definite yearly occurance.

Our house here is the lowest point in the street, flooded the house once due to insufficient drainage during heavy rain, left my car on the side of the road thinking it wouldn't get that bad, ended up having to replace the ECU as the water went over the wheels. It was too late by the time it got that high. Luckily it was a cheap car and the last car we looked at the wreckers had the ECU I needed, plugged it in and it fired up straight away, phew!

It's a little funny to see people in small cars come down the road thinking it can't be too deep and smashing into it at 60km/h lol. There's usually a car part or two left behind afterwards.

They've recently redone the drains, haven't had rain big enough to see if they're better, or maybe we have and they work so well it doesn't look like that much rain.