whats goin on with this thing

mcvey90

Founding Member
Jan 24, 2002
B TOWN
I'm talking about a fuel injector issues I have been having. passengers side, closest to the firewall. It keeps gettin loose somehow and spraying fuel everywhere. I will just be goin down the road, and all of a sudden I am choking on fuel fumes. I checked the afpr, and it's tight, no leaks. It might run for 20 miles before spraying everywhere, than I will take off the MAF, TB and push it back into the intake all the way, tap the fuel rail so its on the rail all the way, and its fine again for awhile.

when it does start leaking, I park it. When ya turn the key and prime it, it sprays pretty good.
The o ring looks fine, any ideas. is the rail screwed???

thanks for the help. mods are in sig.

• Sponsors (?)

the rail should not be able to move. It has 2 small screws/bolts that hold it down. Try tightening them up.

top is tapped

I did tap the top of the rail with the injector on it, and it is slightly bent. i suppose that could be the issue. Anybody know where I can get a stock fuel rail for a good price. I might as well just change it.

Might also want to check to make sure an o-ring from your old injectors still isn't stuck up there. They have a tendency to do that. You might have an extra o-ring sitting up there causing everything not to seat properly.

broken bolt

I got a broken bolt, the one closest to the firewall on the passengers side. I am gonna extract and replace it and see what happens. Otherwise I might pm ya sometime tmoss.

I may replace anyway, we'll see how it goes.

thanks for the help guys, I will double check that oring idea too.

never thought of that.