Whats my car worth?

Well I went outside today and there was a large scratch on my freshly painted bumper which I did NOT do, and it wasn't there last night when I parked the car, and I flipped the hell out! It's getting to the point where I don't wanna drive it because I'm afraid of what might happen. I probably won't but lets say I wanted to sell it to get something more practical, how much could I get for it? Heres a list of things on the car, repaired, etc:

1995 Mustang GT-5spd

All mods listed in Sig, plus:

-rebuilt trans and new King Cobra Clutch (~4k ago)
-new Redfire Paint with Cobra R hood, Cobra front bumper, and painted mirrors - 2 yrs old, washed every week, waxed every month
-new distributor, ignition wires, plugs (~5k ago)
-new alum rad, 180* stat (~1k ago)
-new belt
-rebuilt trac-lok, new bearings, 3.73 gears (~1.5k ago)
-new walbro 255lph fuel pump and fuel filter (~2k ago)
-new steering wheel and Jegs GS1 sport seats (~1 yr on the steering wheel and 2 yrs on the seats)

Like i said, I wash the car every week, wax it every month, change the oil every 3 months or 3k religiously (mostly every 3 months cause I don't put a lotta miles on it). I take care of this car like its a child. I've only put 18k on the car in the 4 years I've owned it. It does see rain only because I don't have a garage, but during the winter it gets washed, covered, and only started once a week to keep it running. It has only been driven in the snow once because I got stuck, but it came home and got parked.

The interior is in amazing condition, I would rate it a 9 out of 10. The front seats are new, and the back seats very rarely see peoples asses. The carpet is decently clean, could probably use a scrub, but no tears or big stains. The steering wheel is brand new, and really helped out in overall appearence.

I probably won't sell it, but sometimes I feel like its TOO nice. When my roommates GF came over today to tell me she saw the scratch, I was like shut up bitch, don't play around, and she was like no, I'm serious I was too nervous to tell you before, but you needed to know. I went outside, and sat on the ground in front of the car for a few minutes with my head in my lap. I don't know if I can deal with this anymore.

The car has ~112k on it, and runs amazing! Starts up first time every time, runs real strong, puts a smile on my face every time I start it. It turns heads everywhere I go, and people always compliment me on it telling me it looks and sounds great, and when I tell them its a '95, they are dumbfounded. Some dude last week asked me if it was a 2003, and I told him it was a '95...he was amazed!

If I sold it, it would have to be to someone really close to me, someone on here who I know would take care of it, or someone I'll never see again. If I saw my car busted up, I'd probably cry. I've worked my ass of for the car, every single repair, every mod, insurance money, and gas money. I don't owe a dime on the car.

Heres some pics, keep in mind it has a brand new Cobra bumper on it now, I just don't have any good pics with it on yet.

P7220084.jpg

103_0256chop.jpg

newwheelchop2.jpg

DSCN2160chop.jpg

Don't mind the sand on the carpet, I don't have a small vacuum or a Shop Vac here at school which is kinda bugging me.

DSCN2513.jpg

interiorchop1.jpg

DSCN2238.jpg

DSCN2514.jpg

DSC_0123chop.jpg
'

DSC_0104chop.jpg

DSC_0108chop.jpg

DSC_0135chop.jpg

Aweful pic, but shows Cobra bumperness...

DSCN2601.jpg

View attachment 351167

AND, the day I bought it....oh man, if only I knew what I was getting into...:D

View attachment 351169

Lemme know your opinions guys:nice:

Attachments

• P7220084.jpg
    P7220084.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 103_0256chop.jpg
    103_0256chop.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 68
  • newwheelchop2.jpg
    newwheelchop2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN2160chop.jpg
    DSCN2160chop.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN2513.jpg
    DSCN2513.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 107
  • interiorchop1.jpg
    interiorchop1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN2238.jpg
    DSCN2238.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN2514.jpg
    DSCN2514.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0123chop.jpg
    DSC_0123chop.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0104chop.jpg
    DSC_0104chop.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0108chop.jpg
    DSC_0108chop.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0135chop.jpg
    DSC_0135chop.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN2601.jpg
    DSCN2601.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Sponsors (?)

Dont sell it, youll regret it! Looks like youve done quite a few personal touches, and its paid off! Just convince yourself its only paint, and a bumper is easily repainted... My front bumper has a ton a rock chips, but thats part of driving the car you love!

Dont sell it, youll regret it! Looks like youve done quite a few personal touches, and its paid off! Just convince yourself its only paint, and a bumper is easily repainted... My front bumper has a ton a rock chips, but thats part of driving the car you love!

I know, the thing is, this is the 3rd damn bumper! I'm sick of fixing it! I have terrible luck when it comes to front bumpers, I only have good luck finding cheap replacements haha. This bumper literally got painted at the beginning of September RIGHT before I left for school.

Thats too bad that it was only painted a couple months ago! Something I had to convince myself of is that the front bumper is going to take on damage. It leads the car into battle! I cant relate hugely with you, because I didnt just repaint my car though... My best friends girl backed her car into my front bumper, and although I wasnt happy, I didnt make a big deal of it cause it only scuffed the clearcoat. Now if someone keyed the whole side of your car, then I would understand some tears!

Thats too bad that it was only painted a couple months ago! Something I had to convince myself of is that the front bumper is going to take on damage. It leads the car into battle! I cant relate hugely with you, because I didnt just repaint my car though... My best friends girl backed her car into my front bumper, and although I wasnt happy, I didnt make a big deal of it cause it only scuffed the clearcoat. Now if someone keyed the whole side of your car, then I would understand some tears!

Yea I know what you mean. Its just one of those things my friends don't understand because most of their parents buy them cars. My roommate gives me **** all the time for being neurotic about my car, but he doesn't even own a car!! "Tom, don't whack the door on the curb"...."Dude, chill I know, god, relax don't worry its just a car."

Well to me, its more than a car. Its an achievement of hard work.

I know exactly how you feel, and i've been in your position. I wanted to sell my 95 when it was like yours. It was before I put any real modification to it, but I stuck it out and pieced together some parts and i would NEVER sell this car now, its quick, reliable and just like you makes me smile evertime I drive it.

Take my advice, DON'T sell the car, save up some money for some go fast parts and don't worry about the paint, you can always fix that. If you spend even 1k for a mild h/c/i with p-heads you won't dream of selling the car ever again.

Well, I'm not gonna answer you question for obvious reasons but think about it like this. This isn't the first time you have debated selling your baby but every time you end up deciding that your glad you kept it. Not only that, but how many times have I seen you talking everyone else on here about not selling their cars because they will regret it. Then you explain about the crap you have to go through but at the end of the day it is all worth it. Deep down you know you don't want to sell it.

The next part is that you say that you have gotten it to the point that sometimes you don't even want to drive it because something might happen. If that is the case then why did you put all you time and money to make it look as good as it does now. You don't want something more practical becasue thats what you started with and now the car is how you invisioned it, don't make a step backwards.

I usually don't jump in on threads like this but people have their reasons and some underlying. So on that note, there are times when selling is a real option (bored with project, finances, or life), however, I don't think these reasons fit you.

I now it sounds harsh, and I'm not being an ass, I'm trying to be a friend and just being straight with you becasue I know this isn't what you want to do. I'm just trying to open your eyes.

Take pride in it and enjoy it. Your still gonna be anal about the car and people are gonna give you **** but its worth it. I know how you feel, you know how many times my wife says its just a car, and we get in a little arguement. I never wanted to sell my car but in many ways I am the same as you are with your car, and yes sometimes it is a pain in the ass, but at the end of the day I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Just regroup and enjoy what you have built and don't make me buy it from you, because I can't afford another car right now! lol

Well, I'm not gonna answer you question for obvious reasons but think about it like this. This isn't the first time you have debated selling your baby but every time you end up deciding that your glad you kept it. Not only that, but how many times have I seen you talking everyone else on here about not selling their cars because they will regret it. Then you explain about the crap you have to go through but at the end of the day it is all worth it. Deep down you know you don't want to sell it.

The next part is that you say that you have gotten it to the point that sometimes you don't even want to drive it because something might happen. If that is the case then why did you put all you time and money to make it look as good as it does now. You don't want something more practical becasue thats what you started with and now the car is how you invisioned it, don't make a step backwards.

I usually don't jump in on threads like this but people have their reasons and some underlying. So on that note, there are times when selling is a real option (bored with project, finances, or life), however, I don't think these reasons fit you.

I now it sounds harsh, and I'm not being an ass, I'm trying to be a friend and just being straight with you becasue I know this isn't what you want to do. I'm just trying to open your eyes.

Take pride in it and enjoy it. Your still gonna be anal about the car and people are gonna give you **** but its worth it. I know how you feel, you know how many times my wife says its just a car, and we get in a little arguement. I never wanted to sell my car but in many ways I am the same as you are with your car, and yes sometimes it is a pain in the ass, but at the end of the day I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Just regroup and enjoy what you have built and don't make me buy it from you, because I can't afford another car right now! lol

Hahaha, yea your right. The difference between me and you though is that you have a daily driver. My car is my DD. I drive it 1000 miles to school, and 1000 miles back twice a year. I drive it all around Savannah which has the WORST roads ever. I'm talking horrible! Like I said, I most likely won't sell it, but I wanna know what its worth.

My car looks like poo....and it has for the last 4 yrs. I will repaint it eventually but it's not in the budget right now. Basically I can afford to make the car look nice or go road racing (brakes, tires and maintanence gets really expensive). I choose the latter. But you know, I know how you feel. One of the reasons I havent painted the car is because I worry about stuff like what happend to you. But I'm gonna have to paint it and get over that fear. I drive rain, shine and I put snows on it and drive thru the chicago winters. Thats not gonna change when I paint it and stuff's gonna happen. I bet you woulden't be happy if someone scratched up you brand new <insert practical car here>, even tho you may deny it. Like 69clark said, you seem to wanna get rid of the car for all the wrong reasons. Face it, it comes with the territory. BTW the car is very pretty and I'm jealous.:D I hope mine looks like that when its done.

My car looks like poo....and it has for the last 4 yrs. I will repaint it eventually but it's not in the budget right now. Basically I can afford to make the car look nice or go road racing (brakes, tires and maintanence gets really expensive). I choose the latter. But you know, I know how you feel. One of the reasons I havent painted the car is because I worry about stuff like what happend to you. But I'm gonna have to paint it and get over that fear. I drive rain, shine and I put snows on it and drive thru the chicago winters. Thats not gonna change when I paint it and stuff's gonna happen. I bet you woulden't be happy if someone scratched up you brand new <insert practical car here>, even tho you may deny it. Like 69clark said, you seem to wanna get rid of the car for all the wrong reasons. Face it, it comes with the territory. BTW the car is very pretty and I'm jealous.:D I hope mine looks like that when its done.

Thanks dude, I kno what you mean. I think I just did things in the reverse order of what you did. I don't forsee myself selling it, I just get pissed sometimes when **** like this happens. BTW your car is very fast, and I'm jealous.:D I hope mine is as fast when its done.

I know how you feel, once some f@cker left 3 foot key mark on my car and I was pissed too. Just chill for a couple days and you'll forget about selling it.

I know what u mean dude i feel the same about my car since ive had it repainted and fixed up. Its also my DD so i do a fair amount of driving it and parking it in crowded lots. Im trying to get an old beater pickup truck before winter so i can finally park the mustang and leave it for nice days. No sense selling something you've put so much work into...

FWIW, i'd say ~$7200 given the mods and condition

Hey Dude,
you have beautiful car:nice: , it's like a work of art, and your the artist. If you sell it, some little Chicken-S**t punk will get his /her hands on it, and then you'll see it someday (Like 90 days Later) all F**kd up:bang: . Your car stands out because of the hard work you put into it!!! Unfortunately, it does take much work to keep your car to that Top Level of Perfection. You already Know This Of course. As far as I'm concerned, that car is mint, even if it has (1) freakin' scratch on the Bumper.:hail2: Just my 2 Cent!!!

It's getting to the point where I don't wanna drive it because I'm afraid of what might happen.

I went outside, and sat on the ground in front of the car for a few minutes with my head in my lap.

Some dude last week asked me if it was a 2003, and I told him it was a '95...he was amazed!

If I sold it, it would have to be to someone really close to me, someone on here who I know would take care of it, or someone I'll never see again.

newwheelchop2.jpg

View attachment 350971

1- I'm selling my 95 (for sure) and I'm going to daily drive my 68 fastback, Houston traffic and crappy roads and all. I don't wanna hear anything about worrying about what could happen!! :D

2- I would have done the same thing after I watched my car get pummeled by hail from inside my (now ex) gf's apartment. I say I would have cause it was still hailing... I know exactly how you feel man

3- Any person remotely interested in Mustangs would know it's nowhere close to an 03, he must have lost his brain that day.

4- If you did sell it to someone really close to you, could you stand seeing it and knowing it's not yours? If you did do that, you might regret selling it and try to buy it back which is just a big hassle.

Pic 1- hmmm I think I've seen that picture before.... Don't blame you for posting it though it's a great pic! :nice:

Pic 2- or should I say, a picture of a picture?

Anyways, a car is a car and things will eventually happen to it. I think most people's (in 94-95 tech/talk) opinion on cars is that they are meant to be driven on the street and thrashed at the track, not trailered around like a sissy Ferrari. I've spent the past 8 years restoring my 68 and I don't want to have it hiding in the garage- I want to get it out on the street and show everyone that I'm proud of the work I put into my car. Plus, it'll get more smiles from chicks than my 95 will. :p

I hope this helps you out if selling the car is an option. I tend to ramble...like I am now... but maybe you'll find something in there that helps.