Whats next????

• Sponsors (?)

My plan is to make it a street sleeper. Subtle looks, subtle exhaust note, but raw power,handling, & grip!!!!! It amazes me that alot of people really dont know what kinda power the Machs have. I have had countless Hondas,& Fox bodys try to race me.:shrug:

My plan is to make it a street sleeper. Subtle looks, subtle exhaust note, but raw power,handling, & grip!!!!! It amazes me that alot of people really dont know what kinda power the Machs have. I have had countless Hondas,& Fox bodys try to race me.:shrug:

i drove a mach with 4.10's and i was getting amazing rubber in 3rd:D such a fun car, i wish i had bought that car....at the time i was only 17 so i bought a gt because i would of gotten killed in the mach haha

i drove a mach with 4.10's and i was getting amazing runner in 3rd:D such a fun car, i wish i had bought that car....at the time i was only 17 so i bought a gt because i would of gotten killed in the mach haha

The Mach 1 is a highway killer especially in 3rd gear. From a 70 mph 5th to 3rd drop the Mach is a beast!!! It pulls so much harder than my old 97 Cobra did.

I'm in the exact same situation; what do I do? I could get heads/cams, make some decent power, but it's alot of work. I could save up for a blower, but it's alot of money. Then again, what about the engine? Do I want a 4 valve? I have one from a mark VIII, but I have built engines before and NEVER want to do it again, is it really worth it? Should I get a built, forged block? What do I want, a fast car or the fastest car?

There are plenty of questions to ask. IMHO, think about what you want. I want a car with about 400rwhp (which is plenty for me on the street), and a killer track suspension. For that, I'm going with a blower, blower cams, some bolt ons, and a full suspension from MM. I've thought about it over and over, and that's what I want to do with this car. Think about it, do you really want nitrous? Do you really want n/a heads/cams if you get a blower in the future? My advice is just think it all through.

Dustin, if you wanna go the Nitrous route NX makes a good wet kit, Im using them now only a 50-100 shoot, kits come with diff. nozzle sizes, It took 3 hours to hook up and test, i love the kit....instant power, and since your already making good power it will be a nice kick..

Nitrous kit =600
Gears 4:10s=300 installed
Not to bad for under a grand

If you want cams get the stage 1 comp cams, they pass smog, we just installed a set in my boys car 4 weeks ago and he smogd' his car saturday afternoon, with no issues'

Dustin, if you wanna go the Nitrous route NX makes a good wet kit, Im using them now only a 50-100 shoot, kits come with diff. nozzle sizes, It took 3 hours to hook up and test, i love the kit....instant power, and since your already making good power it will be a nice kick..

Nitrous kit =600
Gears 4:10s=300 installed
Not to bad for under a grand

If you want cams get the stage 1 comp cams, they pass smog, we just installed a set in my boys car 4 weeks ago and he smogd' his car saturday afternoon, with no issues'

Thanks Justin...I will be looking into the NX kit 1st, then maybe some gears...I still want that KB though!!!!!

do you like goosing the throttle around town and roasting em / highway bursts past cars, or do you like spanking fools who try to run it with you at the track / street? Nirous is great on a high revving high air flowing car for burning opponents, and your not running a blower all the time - so nitrous can be quite reliable; Mach 1 + nitrous + 4.10's + stage 1 cams = wholly F. But a blower is great for feeling like your always driving a beast, and that whine is irreplaceable.
From what you've said in wanting to be a sleeper, nitrous and gears is a key choice there. I know if i had a Mach w/ 39k miles 100 shot of nitrous gears and cams is what i'd do, heck thats just a weekend of work - but so can be the supercharger, tho i'd go proly with a procharger and not a monstrous expensive KB.

do you like goosing the throttle around town and roasting em / highway bursts past cars, or do you like spanking fools who try to run it with you at the track / street? Nirous is great on a high revving high air flowing car for burning opponents, and your not running a blower all the time - so nitrous can be quite reliable; Mach 1 + nitrous + 4.10's + stage 1 cams = wholly F. But a blower is great for feeling like your always driving a beast, and that whine is irreplaceable.
From what you've said in wanting to be a sleeper, nitrous and gears is a key choice there. I know if i had a Mach w/ 39k miles 100 shot of nitrous gears and cams is what i'd do, heck thats just a weekend of work - but so can be the supercharger, tho i'd go proly with a procharger and not a monstrous expensive KB.

I like all the above, highway bursts, aggressive street driving, & spankin fools. The KB imo makes more of a sleeper than the Procharger because they really only whine when u get on it. Prochargers whistle very loud @ idle. I would love to have either one though. Still contemplating on the Nitrous & gears setup....Cant do either just yet anyways, so i have time to think about it 4 a while.....