Whats quicker? Mach1/2001 Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

SVOKING said:
more like Mach 1 hands down.....
but whatever you like to think :nice:

Not knocking on the Mach1, it's an awesome car, BUT:

If the Mach misses a shift, his ass is busted....
If the Mach short-shifts, his ass is busted...
If the Mach gets a poor dig, his ass is busted...
If the race is longer than 1/4 mile, his ass is busted...
etc., etc.....

A stock 99 Cobra runs 13.7-13.9 and a stock Mach1 runs 13.4-13.6 at best, so yeah....call me crazy but I'd say that's "barely".

98 yeller SVT said:
Not knocking on the Mach1, it's an awesome car, BUT:

If the Mach misses a shift, his ass is busted....
If the Mach short-shifts, his ass is busted...
If the Mach gets a poor dig, his ass is busted...
If the race is longer than 1/4 mile, his ass is busted...
etc., etc.....

A stock 99 Cobra runs solid high 13's and a stock Mach1 runs mid 13's at best, so yeah.... I'd call that barely.

Gotta love people that don't know there info. 5spd Mach 1's run mid 13's at worst with a decent driver. Wish I could find that magazine that compaired the 01 Slowbra, Mach 1, and Bullit.....it was a must read for all you non believers.

SVOKING said:
Gotta love people that don't know there info. 5spd Mach 1's run mid 13's at worst with a decent driver. Wish I could find that magazine that compaired the 01 Slowbra, Mach 1, and Bullit.....it was a must read for all you non believers.

Your a Moron. that's all :p

I'd say barely as well. They are the same car except the Mach 1 has a new and improved head design, different cams. I beat a stck one with my mods from a stop, a roll and top end then a few weeks later the same one put on a offroad x-pipe, cat back, and CAI and beat me by a car from a stop, pretty even from a roll got me by half a car and I still beat him on the top end, passed him by the end of third and shifted to fourth and he couldn't catch up.

I'd say the Mach, hands down. Equal drivers the Mach will pull. Mach has solid axle. Compression is 10.0 to 1 on the Mach vs. 9.5 to 1 on the Cobra. The Mach also has different cams. I've personally seen a couple of Mach 1's dyno just over 300hp with a catback. Ford really underrated the Mach with the #'s they put out.

Venom4.6 said:
I'd say the Mach, hands down. Equal drivers the Mach will pull. Mach has solid axle. Compression is 10.0 to 1 on the Mach vs. 9.5 to 1 on the Cobra. The Mach also has different cams. I've personally seen a couple of Mach 1's dyno just over 300hp with a catback. Ford really underrated the Mach with the #'s they put out.

Glad there are some people that look at facts to make up there minds. I realize the 03 Cobras are alot faster then my Mach 1.....why can't some ppl realize that a Mach 1 is faster than there cars?? To much pride I guess....

SVOKING said:
Glad there are some people that look at facts to make up there minds. I realize the 03 Cobras are alot faster then my Mach 1.....why can't some ppl realize that a Mach 1 is faster than there cars?? To much pride I guess....

You have to take your car to the track not read magazine times..... I have a strong running stock 03 cobra (drop in K&N only) The best I could get my first time out was 13.3 @ 107.5 Can I do better? Of course, the bottom line is you have to be an expert racer to match those magazine times :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.