whats the aux button for?

#1stangFAN

Mar 30, 2009
Quite a while ago i was looking at the shaker 500 on my 05 GT and saw that theres a aux button but i dont see an aux port. If theres no port then what is the point of this? And if there any way that someone can install a aus port someone so an ipod can be attached?

• Sponsors (?)

AUX Button

Quite a while ago i was looking at the shaker 500 on my 05 GT and saw that theres a aux button but i dont see an aux port. If theres no port then what is the point of this? And if there any way that someone can install a aus port someone so an ipod can be attached?
AUX on my Shaker 500 steps through 3 Banks of SAT pre selects, the iPod and the line in from the center console.

The SAT and the iPod were after market additions.

I am using a blue tooth head set for the cell.

ford uses the same radio for different models so some vehicles may have certain features, that the mustang does not, but the radio still has the button for it. I added an ipod connection that literally plugs into the factory connections and allows you select all your music through your factory cd player, and to access it you must use the AUX button.

ford uses the same radio for different models so some vehicles may have certain features, that the mustang does not, but the radio still has the button for it. I added an ipod connection that literally plugs into the factory connections and allows you select all your music through your factory cd player, and to access it you must use the AUX button.

and how did you do that?

and how did you do that?

a company called Isimple(I think)makes a device made specifically for our cars, its completely plug and play, I'll see if I cant find a link for you. all you do is take out your radio make the connections, run the cable for the ipod where ever you want and enjoy. The only draw back is you have to select your music alphabetically so if you wanna listen to....the eagles, then you gotta go through A, B, C, and D to get to it. I still love it though.

here ya go

iSimple - Apple® iPod® Direct Connect Kit for Select Vehicles - ISFD73

Not really I guess, I supose you could take your center console out to check if the wiring harness is there, if it is then you could just buy a newer center console with the aux button, plug it in and roll with it. If your car doesn't have an aux port already though then I doubt the wiring will be there, but you never know

I have an 06 with the Shaker1000 and have looked into this because I have a Zune mp3 player.

On my 06 the Aux button is there but there is no jack/input to plug anything in. Called Ford and they said the button is there but un useable in my 06. Dealership suggested Trip Tunes from Ford, I ordered it and after installation realized that it's terrible (poor sound quality and sound level). Trip Tunes is an FM radio connection via a wire plugged into the external antenna input.

"Echoinsilence" mentioned the ISimple which is IPod specific I believe, so that doesn't help me. There are some posts on other Mustang sites that refer to people buying this device and having limited luck (it would work for a period of time then stopped....usually after the 1 year warranty). I believe they are currently selling ver 2 of this adapter which may have addressed previous problems.

I've heard good things about Crutchfield and their wiring harness for our cars. Crutchfield sells the harness that lets you keep your factory amps and speakers with an after market head unit. I'm looking for a new head unit that will either give me a stereo jack or a USB connection and with the harness keep the factory amps and spkrs.

Ive had the isimple deal for about a year now and have been really happy with it but your right, it is ipod specific. Unfortunately if you dont have an ipod, then your limited to aux inputs or a usb port and to be honest thats the whole reason I went with an ipod, because there a ton more accessories available for them, you can literally find whatever youre looking for, for an ipod.