whats the deal???? help me

this a very strange thing. but sometimes i'll be sitting in my car listenin to the stereo (only when its loud or up really high) and everything just shuts off including the head unit. then it just comes back on and plays. It happens VERY little but it does concern me. It is connected to a ground and all the speaker wires seem to be perfectly find and not have any metal to metal sort of contact that would cause it to short out.

• Sponsors (?)

mr_tinkertrain said:
this a very strange thing. but sometimes i'll be sitting in my car listenin to the stereo (only when its loud or up really high) and everything just shuts off including the head unit. then it just comes back on and plays. It happens VERY little but it does concern me. It is connected to a ground and all the speaker wires seem to be perfectly find and not have any metal to metal sort of contact that would cause it to short out.

If you have an amp, it could be shutting of. The louder you play it the hotter it will get and it shuts of so it doesn't burn up. You can buy amps with a built in fan to help with this. I had a kenwood in my 96 Cobra that would shut off in the summer after playing it loud for long periods of time, it was mounted in the trunk, where there was no air circulation, could be it.