What's the deal with Dodge pickup truck drivers?

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
Every person I see driving a Dodge pickup is a complete tool. They all have these crappy 3-6 inch budget lifts (Not off-road capable at all) and 40 series flows, with Harley Davidson stickers on the rear window. I bet 90 percent of them have never been on a bike in their life. Big tires on stock rims that stick out way past the side panels. Bonus points for as many fox racing or "fear this" stickers as you can put on there.

To me, a Dodge truck is basically saying "I didn't want to buy a real work truck but I wanted to be a pickup driver so instead I bought the cheapest light duty truck I could." Go to a construction site sometime... how many real tradesman use Dodge trucks? None. You will see all F-series and Chevy/GMCs. (The imports are starting to make an impact too.)

Alright I'm done with my rant, I had to get that off my chest.

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

I have to disagree with a lot of what you are saying about the ability of a dodge to work.. but hey opinions are like.. you know...

I was expecting somethign about the guys in the full size rams who think they are fast because they have a Hemi... Yeah too bad the truck weighs over 5000 pounds... Heck my Ford 500 CVT can take one from a roll... (the 500 is a dog off the line)...

94-302-vert said:
I have to disagree with a lot of what you are saying about the ability of a dodge to work.. but hey opinions are like.. you know...

I was expecting somethign about the guys in the full size rams who think they are fast because they have a Hemi... Yeah too bad the truck weighs over 5000 pounds... Heck my Ford 500 CVT can take one from a roll... (the 500 is a dog off the line)...

Its funny you say that, I've been noticing this for a while but the main reason I wrote this occurred last night around sundown. I was at a light in my F150 and got revved at by a "rumble bee" with a CONFEDERATE FLAG sticker on the back.

I'm just looking at the kid, my coworker is visibly laughing at him... my truck is covered in mud, I have a full load of wood in the back because I just helped chainsaw a fallen tree apart. (I do some tree work on the side, helps for gas/beer/GF money) Who revs at a couple guys obviously straight from a job site? This kid is in a pressed collared shirt with his hair spiked up. Obviously from the deep south, 10 bucks says he had Kenny Chesney playing... :nonono:

Yellow isn't my favorite color for a car in the first place. If its done right, it looks mint, but lets be honest... very few have pulled it off. A 1500 series truck in bright yellow? With black stripes and cartoons on the side? Fugly 20s? Thats got to be the worst looking truck I've ever seen.

Adam

No all Dodge truck drivers are idiots. I agree that some think just because they have a hemi, that its fast. I have a really fun truck to drive and its a 2000 Dakota with a 4.7L v8 and a 5-speed and factory 3.92 gear and it hauls pretty good. I know of some people with just bolt-ons beating Lightnings with this engine, trans and gear combo. I know that a lightning weights more, but you have to give some Dodge owners credit. By the weight, my Dakota tips the scales at 3840 pounds :eek: , without me in it. Bone stock in the eighth mile 9.60 @ 76 mph.

Doing training in Cali, we were given 3 new Dodge trucks. Two were 5.7L Hemi's and the other was the 4.7L. The 4.7L truck was just as tough as the Hemi's .... and would definitely keep up with them. The Hemi is WAY over-rated.

Black95GTS said:
Every person I see driving a Dodge pickup is a complete tool. They all have these crappy 3-6 inch budget lifts (Not off-road capable at all) and 40 series flows, with Harley Davidson stickers on the rear window. I bet 90 percent of them have never been on a bike in their life. Big tires on stock rims that stick out way past the side panels. Bonus points for as many fox racing or "fear this" stickers as you can put on there.

To me, a Dodge truck is basically saying "I didn't want to buy a real work truck but I wanted to be a pickup driver so instead I bought the cheapest light duty truck I could." Go to a construction site sometime... how many real tradesman use Dodge trucks? None. You will see all F-series and Chevy/GMCs. (The imports are starting to make an impact too.)

Alright I'm done with my rant, I had to get that off my chest.

Adam

umm, my dad has an HD Ram 2006 1500, he is an experienced construction worker so he always uses it to carry loads , and yes he has a 2003 40k worth Harley Davidson bike... Not everyone is wanabees, his truck kick ass i would get his way before any F-150 pal! There's posers everywhere...

pics of the truck.

daytona 2006 005.jpg

daytona 2006 021.jpg

GreenMustangGt said:
i agree, most dodge drivers are tools. They got those rim/tire combos where they have stock size tires but they stick out 2 feet past the wheel whells. Plus i HATE dodge anything. Dodge pisses me off really...

Maybe its a Massachusetts / North East USA thing? Just seems like around here Dodges are driven for office commutes / family hauling and not worked, but for anyone doing serious towing or hauling, they trust their GMCs and Fords. I hear that Nissan's new trucks are mint but they aren't as popular... yet.

Adam

GreenMustangGt said:
Plus i HATE dodge anything. Dodge pisses me off really...

Same here ......

On that note ... I have to trade the company car ('03 Alero) in on a new one Thursday. Guess what I HAVE to get .... a freakin' Dodge! ('06 Stratus). Oh well, at least I get to pick color and engine. I'm gonna opt for the 2.7L DOHC (all aluminum) with 200 HP & 190 FT.LBS. I've driven a couple already & they're really quick when you mash down on it.

Dodge truck drivers are generally tools, no doubt.

One night after racing my buddy with an 05 STI and I were parked in an Advance Auto lot BSing for a minute (he needed to pick something up). Both of us were going low 13s at the time...this utter douche in a lifted white Dodge Ram with, you guessed it, 40 Series flows rolls by, slows down, gives us the Clint Eastwood stare, and revs about six times before taking off (er...as well as he could "take off").

It was like..WTF dude...can you even begin to comprehend the utter smackdown either of us would lay down on your POS?

Hey here is some food for thought . . . On our trip into Mexico last week, I was trying to figure out what kinds of full size trucks Mexicans drove so I spent 2 hours tallying every truck I saw starting in Magdalena all the way through Hermosillo. Honestly I thought they preferred Chevies but it was 49/49 between Chevies and Fords and the remaining 2% were Dodges. The only theory I could come up with is that there are no good transmission shops down there so they know better than to drive a Dodge around.

Zero Signal said:
Hey here is some food for thought . . . On our trip into Mexico last week, I was trying to figure out what kinds of full size trucks Mexicans drove so I spent 2 hours tallying every truck I saw starting in Magdalena all the way through Hermosillo. Honestly I thought they preferred Chevies but it was 49/49 between Chevies and Fords and the remaining 2% were Dodges. The only theory I could come up with is that there are no good transmission shops down there so they know better than to drive a Dodge around.

:rlaugh:

I use to be anti-dodge until I my former police dept switched over to nothing but dodge. I drove around in a durango and liked it so much I bought one. The funny thing I all the people that ask me if it has a hemi. As with anything I own I cant leave it stock for long so it has a dynomax ultra-flo catback, aftermarket cold air kit, and a B&G tune. This is on a 2000 5.9L with part time 4x4, and for a 5500lb vehicle it will hold it's own against the all mighty hemi's. Now I do have to say that the charger patrol car with the hemi is one of the fastest patrol cars I have ever driven. Now I am stuck in a damn chevy impala:nonono:

my freind has a 2000 dakota r/t with a 5.9. it will beat a lot of cars on this forum:shrug:.

i think you should change the title to RAM drivers because a freind of mine has one of them and your description matches him perfectly:rlaugh: