whats the differences between a 88 ho and a 92 ho flywheel

NUTCASE

Mar 31, 2005
in the middle of swapping motors and came across this problem when I went to put the clutch on

the 88 flywheel doesn't have the pegs on it for the clutch, however the 92 does. the 92 also has 2 raised bumps along the perimiter about where the bolts go and the 88 does not have these raised bumps

however the balancers are the same

I also have a centerforce billit steel flywheel that was originally intended when I did the clutch on the 92 but I just never put it in. (I'm pretty sure its an 50z imbalance)

should I:

1. leave the flywheel on the new motor(the 88 one) bolt up the clutch and foggetaboutit'

2. swap the 92 flywheel into the 88 motor

3. put the centerforce piece in????

dunno where to go on this one :shrug:

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

No difference. Sounds like someone took the dowel pns off the 88 flywheel.

Use the centerforce if its balanced correctly to your engine. What flywheel did the machine shop use when they balanced your assembly?

Grn92LX said:
No difference. Sounds like someone took the dowel pns off the 88 flywheel.

Use the centerforce if its balanced correctly to your engine. What flywheel did the machine shop use when they balanced your assembly?

have to phone the preveiuse owner on that one

I guess that what I get for buying somebody elses project :bang:

I assume I can just take some pliers and twist out the dowl pins off the 95 motor and use those :shrug:

I'm gonna run the part # on the centerforce piece and see if I can find out more about it

If you remove the flywheel (6 bolts) - retorque them to 80 ft. lbs. you can put a punch on the other side (engine side) of the flywheel and pop them out (with hammer). You won't gaul up the pins.

good luck