what's the fastest N/A 2.3 mustang

yes marcello is correct. i race against him in the SCCA.the only difference between us is that he's running a mas air 2.3L and i'm running a SD 2.3L.we are very close to each others lap times at sebring.mine needs just a little more detail in tuning in order to catch him :D

• Sponsors (?)

manny said:
yes marcello is correct. i race against him in the SCCA.the only difference between us is that he's running a mas air 2.3L and i'm running a SD 2.3L.we are very close to each others lap times at sebring.mine needs just a little more detail in tuning in order to catch him :D

He seems to be a really nice guy. I asked him about a 93' 2.3L he said I could get a MAF and 19lb injectors off a GT and it would help some and when I go to a turbo to use a MAF off a cobra and 36/lb injectors. He seems to think the bottom end could handle the boost up to 300hp but I would rebuild it anyways with a forged turbo piston. I would just get another DP head a port it and mill it to get the compression up to like 9:5.1 or 10:1 until I get the turbo figured out more.

The bottom end can take about anything you throw at it... As long as you keep everything perfect (Ignition, fuel, etc.) One small problem can make one large mess.... The cast pistons and compression can take just as much as the other stuff, it's just like walking on eggshells... The forged stuff gives you some fluff space for a little detonation here and there....

CruzNlife1 said:
The bottom end can take about anything you throw at it... As long as you keep everything perfect (Ignition, fuel, etc.) One small problem can make one large mess.... The cast pistons and compression can take just as much as the other stuff, it's just like walking on eggshells... The forged stuff gives you some fluff space for a little detonation here and there....

Great so I want just be wasting the cash on forged pistons :nice:

Not sure on the rods at this point but I will use a ARP engine kit.

All I'm looking for is about 150hp on the N/A and 200-225 on the turbo, just enough to give some ricers a little hell :D

CruzNlife1 said:
Forged isn't needed for an NA combo, even if it does make 200+hp. Your cylinder pressures are much lower, even when detonation occurs. Most circle track people use hyperutectic (or however it is spelled). They are light, strong, and allow for better sealing than forged pistons.
BTW, the stock bottom end is fine till you rev it above the rev limiter. Then, you get windows in the block... probably to make checking your oil pump easier I suppose. :shrug: