What's The Highest Hp Vehicle Y'all Have Worked On Or Driven?

I was looking at the build for Tom Bailey's Camaro. Engine starting at $74,000. Crazy money for 2200rwhp. It's not like you are getting a turbo Proline any cheaper either.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

yea those motors are big money all billet piece's
the nitrous car motor is more on the line level that you guys would expect to make that kind of power but nitrous cars just dont make the power of a boosted car. its an RDI block with SC1 heads callies crank and aluminum rods

Dead stock.

Look at how badly off my "eyeballed" alignment on the passenger-side is.

good thing it's winter...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 261
I have worked on my friend Walters 331 cid supercharged Outlaw 8.5 car a bunch, it makes just over 1,ooo crank HP. My own car, which I hope to be driving this coming spring should be a bit over 1,200 HP. if everything comes together as projected. I have just over $23K in the long block alone. Not counting the supercharger, fuel system, inter-cooler system, inlet/outlet manifolds, exhaust system, chassis, suspension, engine management system, et/al. The whole idea for me is to so overbuild it, that I can run mid to high 8 sec and only have to worry about a semi annual oil change and plug change. If that happens I will be ecstatic, but I expect some bumps along the way, it is the nature of the beast. I am already putting $ away for the "unexpected" when the car does get up and running. Right now the interior is gutted with just the 8.5 cert chrome moly cage and the dash shell fitted. I am in the middle of building the dash wire harness right now. At least the chassis/suspension is done and the engine and trans are sitting in it.
The most fun/scary street car I have built/driven is a Superformance GT-40 with a fuel injected Roush 427 cid small block. At only 2,400lbs and with over 555 HP on tap that car was a beast! It was built for top end, the 5 speed transaxle had 3rd as 1:1 with 4th and 5th being overdrives. The fun really started at 120 mph and up. With the "bundle of snakes" true 180* exhaust that car had a sound like no other........you looked for reasons to go up and down through the gears just to hear that engine wail.

Reactions: 1 users
Roche Racing engines

its an eagle crank GRP aluminum rods ross pistons trick flow high ports jesel shaft mounts and belt drive bullet custom cam. so truely nothing crazy like the nitrous motor. the turbo on it just makes good power
Same here, nothing too exotic.

Dart Block, Eagle Crank, Oliver Billet Rods, Diamond Pistons, TFS R heads, Harland Sharp Shaft Rocker, Jesel Belt Drive, Custom Bullet/Freezy cam. Only difference would be mine is powered with Vortech's XB 105 :D

Not really. Although the lic isn't required, experience is. Usually a few years worth. Civilian side likes the lic more than the exp. Been saying I need to get my lic for years now, just never have. Bottom falls out of the military jobs, and I fear it may, I'll be screwed. 24 years of exp, and I'll be lucky to find something in the civ world without the magical license. Have the airframe ticket, but they wouldn't give me the powerplant ticket. I'm the only former cc I know that the FAA wouldn't give a powerplant ticket to. Thought about talking to the feds out here about it, but not sure how accepting they would be of my engine experience since I got out in 99 and that's when I quit doing much with engines. A little recip work when I first got out l, but since then nothing.

Dude... If you want it, just take one of those classes that teaches you the test. They administer the test too. lol

The last car I built before we had the third child. 92 GT. Twin turbo dart 427. It put down 788 on 93 octane. Lost my job and had to sell it (along with everything else I owned). Time for something new. A new t- bird project.