Whats the "j-mod" for 4r70w?

• Sponsors (?)

2001sleeper said:
have you owned lentech products and used them, or are you just making a comment?
I've seen failed transmission due to improper J-mod modifications.

Have you owned a Jmod'd valve body, or are you making a comment?

Like I said, Jerry DESIGNED the fuggin trans, Lentech didn't. I'm not saying Lentech isn't good, but like triggz said, why pay money for a new valve body when you can mod your own with superior results?

The failed tranmission comment is a moot point btw. Have you seen a correctly mod'd Jmod valve body transmission fail? I didn't think so....

J-mod is actually better for your trans, shifting slower puts a lot more stress on your trans. My buddy and I did the j-mod in a couple hours with just a torque wrench, the necessary drill bits and sockets and some jackstands. It made a pretty big difference, we followed the drill specs at http://www.crownvic.net/tech/4R70Wnotes.pdf and didnt remove any springs or anything. It made his car actually chirp the tires a little shifting at WOT. When he got his xcal2 and the tune had the line pressure maxed, it shifted so hard it was ridiculous, like not even funny it was so hard.

A properly j-modded trans works great (personal knowledge). A new valvebody works great as well and offers other advantages as well. It depends on your goals.
I chose the lentech unit third time around.