What's the max tire size for a fox body mustang...and few tire questions

Dip In Traffic

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2002
queens,ny
What's the max tire size for a fox body mustang..its been a while since i shopped around for tires and rims...
1)what size tire will fit under a fox with quadshocks

2)what size tire will fit under a fox with out quadshocks

3)what backspacing will i need for draglites in the rear 5.5 or 5.0

4)recomended size of slicks...

any reccomendations????

i know this is a stupid question but will any of the above fit under a 1" 1/2 drop???

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talking all 4 corners?

ALL 4, 245/45/16 or 17 fit nicely with no quad shock issues, atleast from what I can remember.

REAR, a 275/50/15 will fit nicely, no quads 15 x 8 rim 5.5 backspace (may need to roll lip a hair). If you want to do alot of hammering anf heating/beating a 325/50/15 on a 15 x 10 w/ 6.5 backspace will fit.

If you get the 15" x 8" draglite get 5.5" backspace, I'd also run a 26" x 8-9" slick for your application, or 26" x 8-10" DOT legal tire (ET STREET, BFG D/R, etc)

If you don't already have gears I'd suggest some 3:73's-4:10 (depending what your future holds) and a converter to really wake up the AOD.

lmao ignore my sig i need to update it i have a high comp 306 with 3500 stall converter :nice:

my car is lowered right now will i be able to run such a tire???without probs?? im a handling freak but i like straight line too any middle ground...ill get two sets of wheels's that not a prob.....

what are the width of :
stock 10 hole rims
stock pony rims
would i be able to fit 275/60/15 on either

1fastfox said:
hey i dont think mine was lowered previously but i got a combo rim/tire kit which was 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the back and i only experience rubbing when I make really sharp turns (i.e cul de sac or sharp u turn)
what size rubber do you have and where did you get the rims from

Dip In Traffic said:
lmao ignore my sig i need to update it i have a high comp 306 with 3500 stall converter :nice:

my car is lowered right now will i be able to run such a tire???without probs?? im a handling freak but i like straight line too any middle ground...ill get two sets of wheels's that not a prob.....

what are the width of :
stock 10 hole rims
stock pony rims
would i be able to fit 275/60/15 on either

10 holes and turbines are 15x7, pony's are 16x7 (maybe 16x8, im not sure).