88mustangGT

Apr 6, 2003

Attachments

• braket.JPG
    braket.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Sponsors (?)

88mustangGT said:
is it bad that i bent it a little to get it out of the way from rubing? is it in the correct location and position?

It needs to be bent outward. It has to barely touch the timing marks so it will "point" to it. Not sure if it will be accurate now though. May need to pick one up and replace yours.

That's the timing pointer like they said. YOur balancer (harmonic dampener is probably shot and wobbling ?? enough to hit that pointer. Is there any vibration from your car during idle? Does it go away after you give the motor rpm's. If so then just get a new balancer, and while you are at it install some underdrive pullies. It's not a big deal. Those things go bad, sometimes after only 60K miles or so! Not too expensive. and the pully 3 pack. prob. 60 bucks out of any mustang performance ad.
:nice:

Last time ive checked, about every daily driver mustang or car looks like that. its called road dirt. its not really grimey :shrug:

Yeah i would agree that its not the pointer, but it is the balancer. its prolly wacked out and wobbly. just go get a new one.

88mustangGT said:
tell me about it somthings gone horable wrong with it recently, i can hear somthing drip drip drip when i turn it off.

That might be the oil dripping back into the pan. I can hear mine dripping when i shut it off for maybe 10 seconds

where would you recomend me picking one of thouse bad boys up at? how do you put it on? do i need any spesific tools? and yes oil is leaiking everyware!!! it sucks reall bad. i cant find the sorce of it.

you'll need a damper puller...you can rent one from autozone. I'd check around and make sure it's actually wobbling before I go replacing it. I don't know, but guys, could he tell it's wobbling if he starts it up and looks real well? Someone could have maybe just been the pointer... :shrug:

That is a pretty good pic. Guys I dont see any of the rubber sticking out anywhere at least for 240 degrees of balancer. The balancer looks square all the way around from what I can see. Also, I dont see any rub marks on the balancer? Where was it rubbing?

Just my 2 cents. I would look around the balancer again to make sure it is all whole. Possibly take the fan shroud and the lower pulley off to make sure all is good.

well i bought a balancer today got the puller kit and it is not coming off of there. i have tryed for the life of me, i need to get a square end wrench tomarow the only thing i could use tonight to try to turn it in was a damn crows foot socket. its starting to round the bolt. think i should take off the fan and shrowd?

when it was runing it would hit that bracket that i have red around. at a stand still its not hiting it but when spining it hits it and makes an anyoing sound. also in the pick that peace i bent out away from it a bit. please dont tell me im wastin my time here.

88mustangGT said:
well i bought a balancer today got the puller kit and it is not coming off of there. i have tryed for the life of me, i need to get a square end wrench tomarow the only thing i could use tonight to try to turn it in was a damn crows foot socket. its starting to round the bolt. think i should take off the fan and shrowd?

when it was runing it would hit that bracket that i have red around. at a stand still its not hiting it but when spining it hits it and makes an anyoing sound. also in the pick that peace i bent out away from it a bit. please dont tell me im wastin my time here.

There is a bolt in the center of the damper (balancer) that holds it to the crank. It is a big boy like 13/16 or something like that. Been a while for me.

Why are you pulling the balancer? Are you sure it's bad? It looks average to me. Start the engine and crawl under the car. Does it wobble? Those timing pointers are flimsy it could have gotten hit by road debri and bent into the balancer