Electrical What's This Connector For?

DuderMcMerican

Mar 7, 2016
Woodbridge, VA
Hey Guys,

Please see attached pic of a connector near my ignition switch. What's this for? Don't see the pinout in shop manual..:O_o: I found the permanent plastic coating around the wires to be mangled exposing bluish coating around the enclosed wires, so I'm assuming I'll have to fix:nonono: If so, how do I go about it? The plastic coating looks permanent so not so easy to strip back, isolate wires, and rejoin. Thanks!:flag:

Attachments

• 20160515_184946.jpg
    20160515_184946.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Sponsors (?)

What are the wire colors and stripe colors?

The wires and colors are different on either side of the connector. The side shown in pic is the one that is closest to the steering column, and it's 3 wires are colored 1) red, 2) bare stranded silver tone with no shielding (middle), and 3) gray/orange stripe. On the opposite side of the connector--the one that feeds into the loom toward the firewall--the colors are 1) gray/white stripe, 2) black (middle), and 3) gray/orange stripe. So from steering column perspective, red connects with gray/white stripe, bare stranded connects to black, and gray/orange connects to gray/orange. Fishy?:scratch: