Whats up with my balancer?? Timing related...

Well im trying to get my timing locked in, but wow im having such a hard time.

The stock balancer reads like this - 30....20....10...0....10 30 being BTDC right?? I just want to make sure im not confused at all. I would want to set the timing to 10 degrees BTDC correct?

Alright, now the balancer i have, which i cant tell what kind it is, but it IS SFI goes like this.. B 30...20...10...0------------Huge space-------0....10....20...30 A

The letters are marked next to the 30 on the B side and 0 on the A side..

What i dont get it why the hell is it so much different then the stock balancer???

My next issue with this wierd balancer issue - When im finding TDC on the # 1 cylinder.. I use the old finger over the spark plug method which is what ive always done and it worked fine in the past. When i do this now, the balancer ends up at the A side of the #'s, NO WHERE near the B side... So can someone enlighten me to WTF is going on here? LOL

Thanks for any help or insight guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Just paint a white line at the 10* mark on the b side of it, it will show up much better on your timing light when you go to time it. Don't know about the other stuff.

Im aware of this.. My issue is that the mark is not eeven close to the timing marker. The A side is.. IF there wasnt this huge space between the numbering it wouldnt be an issue, but i just dont understand why there is a big gap?

I dont have any other aftermarket balancers here to compare too..

Jesse

That don't seem right to me :nono:

Two different markings of a zero value :crazy:

then

The space between them ... very strange :shrug:

I've not seen anything like that before

Makes me wonder where tdc would show up on the hb

Grady

When I put my Romac back on, the timing marks were flat out wrong. It runs great ... with about 30* of timing retard as indicated. :lol:

Possible it spun. Seems unlikely for a Romac. Not sure what you're seeing, probably unrelated. I felt like replying though...