whats wrong with my transmission?

68torinogt

Hey guys, guess what--I have a bi-pass!!!
i drove my 91 5.0 lx the otherday it drove and shifted fine but the next morning it wouldnt get out of first so i parked it and came back the later afternoon and drove it about 2 miles while never getting it to shift. i finally got it to shift manually at about 4k but that is the only way to get it to shift. i go from park to reverse and it hits extremely hard likewise in drive, i

• Sponsors (?)

Is it stock. The governor could be hangin up or something in the valve body. Make sure the TV cable didnt fall off. Also what does the fluid look and smell like. if the gov is hangin up something might be co ming apart. Try to clean it real ggod. DONT PUT IT BACK ON BACKWARDS.Pay close attention to the way it comes off.Do you know where it is and how to to take it off

Pull the pan off and see if there is a lot of debris in the pan or on the magnet. If you do have a rebuild. Tell the person who does it that you want a 4r70w gear train in it. It better.You dont need a manual vb unless you plan on drag race. There is other little tricks to do that is cheap.If you have it shift to hard you'll break stuff. I build trannys for a living. Been doing it for 10 years

bertman said:
Pull the pan off and see if there is a lot of debris in the pan or on the magnet. If you do have a rebuild. Tell the person who does it that you want a 4r70w gear train in it. It better.You dont need a manual vb unless you plan on drag race. There is other little tricks to do that is cheap.If you have it shift to hard you'll break stuff. I build trannys for a living. Been doing it for 10 years
the guys who build ours will take care of us but i guess i will get the pan off this weekend. and see whats goin on.

what will break if it shifts too hard? especially if the tranny is built right

bertman said:
It all depends on what your plans are for the car as for the stall. As far as the fluid i like amsoil. Its expensive but very good. Talk to your builder as far as the stall
i plan on driving the car everyday and stoplight running it. i dont take it to the track
i have an amsoil dealer so i will see about the tranny fluid