What's your car weigh?

viperos said:
there are a few things I won't get rid of to save weight, ABS is one of those things...

To clarify, the ABS was deleted at the factory. I didn't remove it. Further, ABS has been proven to stop in greater distances compared to a non ABS car. It's all in the hands, or feet as the case may be, of the driver.

Most people take it off when the get a steeper gear, because it's useless then.

It was useless on my car even with the stock gearing. While I'm not suggesting everyone run out and remove it, I noticed no difference when I removed it from my car, even with stock gears.

• Sponsors (?)

think your weight is pretty accurate. Aluminum heads save a ton of weight and the stock cat-pipe weighs a ton as well. The A/C is also good for several pounds. If anything, I'd think you may be a bit closer to the 3K mark.

yes i think ur right, but i doubt im near 3k yet.. Maybe with my skinnies and if i get weld rears also then i could probably be there.

I also have a 98 cobra hood, i dont know if its lighter/heavier then the stock hood.. And my car has leather seats, power windows/locks, power driver seat, abs... The day i weighed it i was running on fumes. I went back up with skinnies and subframe conecters and the scale was not open :notnice: i figured they would have cancelled each other out as far as weight goes.

baglock1 said:
Methinks you need to find a different scale... one that's accurate maybe. That's way too light, especially with the stereo gear.

stereo is gone along with the air pump.

the car is now 3070 with the back seat pulled. I have since done half a rear seat delete with the bottom cusion still installed. for my buddies at college :)

stock suspension.

dont hate :notnice:

How about this , with all together except 150lb stereo and smog pump 3900lb with full tank of gas, or 3700lb 1/5 gas and with me, this is one heavy mofo, somebody have to go on diet me or Stang , probability me b/c I weigh 290lb :D