What's Your Daily Driver?

had a 95 Miata with suspension work and bolt ons. i miss that car. so much fun to rip thru the twisties. sometimes i wish i would of kept it and went forced induction, as my biggest gripe was that it was under powered.

IMG_20130620_160727_821_zpsu5n7bhni.jpg

I run in a class that's dyno limited to 107HP. My 170K stock motor makes 103. When you pull someone through the turn, get sucked into their draft, then watch them pull away down the straight ... I know underpowered.
The great thing about the car for racing is that I've made about a dozen money shifts through the years and it's still going. If I do manage to blow it, I can get a known good running motor (probably better than mine) for about $600. Car needs a transmission now. That'll be about $400 for a low mileage unit from a newer car. Full set of shaved race tires are $450 and they will last me a season unless I flat-spot them. It's the most popular car in the DC region, so lots of support and close racing. Only one or two other classes have more than a dozen cars in the race. Mine usually has over 40. The downside, lots of cars and close racing leads to this:
IMG_20160507_152126419_zpsn9ibv5co.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My daily driver is a 2015 Explorer but I use our 2008 Mazda 3 when I'm not taking the kids to daycare.

IMG_20160811_062756.jpg

If no daycare is involved and the weather is decent, then I use the fox body.

IMG_20160811_063711.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My BF in high school had a GT just like yours, not many that combination floating around.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
I've considered getting a dual purpose or enduro bike I could street legally to zip around on and ride to town, but I'm afraid a teenager with a cell phone will finish me off. I keep a class M license but there are too many nuts on the road to use it anymore..:nonono:
Dads heart transplant from an organ doner(motorcycle accident)
2 buddys-dead
1 friend- paralyzed mid-chest
Aboves dad-dead
Brothers best friend-dead
All from motorcycles. So to say I'm not to interested in riding anymore...understatement.

Reactions: 4 users
My daily is a 2010 F150 super crew fx4

This pic was taken right after i finished installing the 2" leveling kit on front.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    910.1 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: 1 users
20160731_091944.jpg
20160522_195843.jpg

01 screw.... the originator! My 92 Chris Craft bow rider water toy and 11 odyssey elite. I go through cars. I get a different one every year and a half or so. I'm working on getting another bike within the year.

Last edited:
You can choose the armor level individually from the gun. lol How much do you need?

I figure that this will settle most traffic disputes. :shrug:

Now if they'll just automate the gun so it could be deployed and fired from the driver seat..