What's your favorite drinks?

wow i am only 18 and feel like a alchoholic. I LOVE BUD LIGHT, but drink any kind of american beer. I also like parot bay cocounut mixed with cranberry juice.

• Sponsors (?)

68torinogt said:
ryan218 said:
it will hurt them when they have to come get you from the hospital or many other things that could happen.
i drink ,dont get me wrong and i am under age but i do it at family functions and we are usually staying where im drinking. id rather drink responsibly around ones that care if something happened than be on my own in a bad sitsuation because i would be your drinkin buddies at a young age would jet at the first sign of trouble.

thats why i dont drink till i pass out

but thanks for putting it into perspective for me :nice:

Tonys89GT said:
Am I the only one here that doesnt drink the Alky???

I'm with ya. I have one every now and then, but usually when it's the only choice (at a concert or something at a venue w/o anything else) or I'm out and it's free. Usually something like a Smirnoff though, since regular beer tastes like (what I imagine) piss (would taste like).

ryan218 said:
whats a long island iced tea? :shrug:

1 part vodka
1 part tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola®

And trust me, some of you "youngins" do NOT want to start trading drinking stories :)

Dman has a funny one!

25thmustang said:
I will chime in...

When I was 14 I didnt drink. I had a 66 Mustang coupe with a 302 and a 5-speed, but didnt drink.

When I was 16 I didnt drink. I had a fox body running 13s, but didnt drink.

When I was 19 I finally startd to drink, but drank very little and only at parties or the dorm.

Im 21 now, enjoy the bars, clubs, and parties like anyone else, but have learned you can have tons of fun and not get wasted. The whole drinking to keep up is dumb, and the whole doing it to be cool is dumb. I do it to enjoy it and make sure its always done responsibly!

With that said...

Fav Drink: Iced tea (Sweet Tea if down south)
Fav Beer: YeungLing (however its spelt we dont have it here in CT)
Fav Alcohol: Amaretto, straight up
Fav Soda: Cream Soda or Birtch Beer

Ya know, to be honest I was the same way. I didnt even try a drink until graduated high school and moved to Mexico for my first semester of college. It was mostly out of fear of my parents wrath than anything else. All of us kids got smacked around on a regular basis and if I were to go home with any alcohol on me, I wouldn't have woke up the next day. Now I'm 26 and drink every once in a while but not like I did in college. Was everyone that is my age drinking when they were 14-16? Maybe I am a bit weird. Oh well. :shrug:

Either way, Now since I sail all the time I drink alot of rum, usually Captains or Mount Gay (yes, I know) and cokes, and Red Stripe and any local microbrew (mackinac, bells, Founders) for the beer of choice. :cheers:

grey5.0beast said:
it actually say rolll tide on the back, i was too lazy to spin it round. pacecar, my dad and i had our first beer together 2 weekends ago, we had a heineken pony keg at my grandmas house and he poured me a beer and told me I would always remember this, we sat on the dock, draining a keg, great experience. My parents know I have drank before, they are not very hands on bout it tho, thye just tell me to be real careful. Whenever we drink, we take all the keys away from ppl and lock them in our responsible buddies glove box, then we stay where ever we are.

great times. prolly the most memorable drinking experience i have.....strype had his 86 vert....we were at his house waiting on friends to get there so we could leave. they get there, think i was talking to his dad, and he came running by with a half case of icehouse tallboys and put them in his car lol. think we may have been 17 lol it was great. his dad just kinda smiled and acted like he didnt see it lol

oh yea, and the night i was drinkin cheap vodka from a 10oz suicide shooter. found out why it was named that too. lol

When I turned 19 my friend had a party for me. We were in this huge house, like three stories. Well he went to visit his uncle up in the mountains and came back with two jars of shine. To make a long story short I ended up drinking half a jar and some crown. I laid on the stairs for hour thinking I was blind, until my buddy told me to open my eyes. The crazy part was even after I opened my eyes I still could not focus on moving objects.

68torinogt said:
ryan doesnt get my point.

I see what you're saying. Drinking at that age has been accepted by everyone these days. I really dont know if people were drinking at 14 when I was growing up. I was too busy trying to be a kid and playing sports to mess with it. Plus I was scared pooless of my dad. You cant punish kids these days even if you disagree with what they are doing, so you might as well be a "cool parent" and let them get away with whatever they want. Don't get me wrong, I drank like no other when I was in college. I lived in one of the biggest party houses on campus and I drove a beer truck to pay for school so I'm not some anti-drinking suckbag, I just hate to see it when a young kid gets in trouble or gets killed in an accident, or kills someone else in an accident from drinking. Their lives are never the same after that. I know that it doesnt happen to everyone, but I also know that when I was that age I thought that it couldnt happen to anyone.

68torinogt said:
ryan218 said:
you dont have to pass out to end up in a bad situation

very true.

but one thing i know i will NEVER do is drink and drive becasue

1: if i wrecked my mustang i would be pissed at myself
2: i would not want to put any of my friends in danger
3: i would not want to have to live with killing someone with my car.
4: never get in a car with a drunk driver. becasue if you wreck the driver usually walks away without anything but some bumps and broses and the passenger get walked away in a body bag.

Ive seen what happens with drinking and driving.

but dose have a beer or two with you buddies going to kill you if your just kicking it watching tv with your buddies?

my mom and dad have had this type of talk with me more times then i can remember. and i know its because they care about what happens to me ect.

they have always told me that if im ever out with my buddies and the driver has been drinking that they would much rather me call them even if its 3 in the morning to come and pick me up then have to come and identify my dead body.

5.0 con-vert said:
I see what you're saying. Drinking at that age has been accepted by everyone these days. I really dont know if people were drinking at 14 when I was growing up. I was too busy trying to be a kid and playing sports to mess with it. Plus I was scared pooless of my dad. You cant punish kids these days even if you disagree with what they are doing, so you might as well be a "cool parent" and let them get away with whatever they want. Don't get me wrong, I drank like no other when I was in college. I lived in one of the biggest party houses on campus and I drove a beer truck to pay for school so I'm not some anti-drinking suckbag, I just hate to see it when a young kid gets in trouble or gets killed in an accident, or kills someone else in an accident from drinking. Their lives are never the same after that. I know that it doesnt happen to everyone, but I also know that when I was that age I thought that it couldnt happen to anyone.

im glad you saw exactly what im talkin about

ryan218 said:
68torinogt said:
very true.

but one thing i know i will NEVER do is drink and drive becasue

1: if i wrecked my mustang i would be pissed at myself
2: i would not want to put any of my friends in danger
3: i would not want to have to live with killing someone with my car.
4: never get in a car with a drunk driver. becasue if you wreck the driver usually walks away without anything but some bumps and broses and the passenger get walked away in a body bag.

Ive seen what happens with drinking and driving.

but dose have a beer or two with you buddies going to kill you if your just kicking it watching tv with your buddies?

my mom and dad have had this type of talk with me more times then i can remember. and i know its because they care about what happens to me ect.

they have always told me that if im ever out with my buddies and the driver has been drinking that they would much rather me call them even if its 3 in the morning to come and pick me up then have to come and identify my dead body.

Well thats good that you are taking this seriously and that your parents know about it at least. I guess I just never saw the point of it at that age. I still dont. But hey, I'm not here to judge anyone. :D