Whats your Gas Mileage for those with a lot of HP

K.C.90gt

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2000
Detroit Area, MI
Just wondering what some of you are getting for MPG on your forced or NA motors pushing 400+ HP. Lately I've been gettin under 200 miles a tank, all city driving and gettin on the gas every now and then, or quite a bit sometimes :D . I think im averaging around 12 or so MPG.... :( ... gas prices suck too.. ohh well.. its fun to drive :D

333579_74_full.jpg

333579_76_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've got 295 at the rear, roughly 350 at the crank. Not a lot by modded Stang standards, but not bad. I got right around 280 highway miles on it last weekend to the tank, but i filled when it was between 1/4 and 1/8 of a tank left. With a big fuel pump I take no chances pulling all my gas too quickly, lol.

I've got an A trim, stock heads, intake, stock cam, 70mm TB, and 75mm MAF, as well as 3.73s out back.

Not sure on city mileage, I just pump it and romp it. :nice:

Not sure what I get to a tank, hardly fill it completely up. But I average about 15 mpg's when not in the throttle allot. That is with a little hammering but not like at the track. Not sure on my HP ,but my combo is an S-trimmed 331 with 12#'s of boost.

prior to the supercharger and 347 swap I was getting only about 230 miles per tank highway driving, no after those mods forget it not a daly driver anymore, I need to get gas every 2 days