What's your gas mileage??

• Sponsors (?)

I just did a 1000 mile drive to the east coast and averaged 23.0 mpg doing roughly 70mph average and I have 3.73 gears. And all this with a small vaccum leak. I'm gonna try to fix the leak and see if I get even better mileage on the trip back home :D

Usually 12-14 about 50/50 city/highway. I can probably get over 16-17 if I keep my foot out of it and drive mostly on the highway. That's with 3.73's and TKO 600 trans(.64 OD).

with 3.73 gears, driving about 30% highway/70% city ...

i got about 200 miles per tank, abt 17 mpg with the trick flow street heat intake

with the kb, i got a few miles less, maybe 15 mpg

mostly stock right now, i dunno what mpg i'll get ... hopefully better

18 mpg city and 25 hwy considering if i drive easy but i get from 12-14 mpg if i drive hard but i noticed that the 5.0 gets a little better gas mileage when you take the rpm's up a little for example on the highway i get better gas mileage at 75-80 mph than i do at 60-70 mph....go figure

i get about 15-16 in town as well with 4.10's, but i'm running extremely rich for some reason and it's in the process of being sorted out

highway, dunno yet, haven't really taken it out

xr8d302 said:
Please do enlighten me on this

It's my best guess since my fan speeds are all out of whack, as well. The fan won't come on until it is waaay past the temp it's supposed to start at, meaning I have to use the AC to keep the car cool (fan on all the time). It's not throwing a code, but that has not been too reliable a way to diagnose problems for me. I've heard that they can mess with the A/F ratio if they get out of spec.

my car was getting 20mpg, road/highway mix. This was before my twin turbo's but, That was with 280/310rwtq . I had 3:73;s, gt40p heads/crane 2031 cam/explorer intake.
Actually, i still have the exact same combo, but now with a twin turbo setup......i bet it actually dosent do much worse if i stay out of it....im gonna try and see.....but i cant stay out of boost!