Whattya like better?

Spark plug wire sets.... Which do you prefer?

• I like universal fit wires. Cut em the length you need and route em perfect!

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Screw that! I wanna take em out of the box and toss em on the car. 5 minutes max!

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

I like the wires to be clean and cut to lenght. With that said I was too lazy and bought the MSD set. They were pretty damn close and I used some wire looms that bolt to the valve cover studs to clean it up and keep them off the headers(previously learned that silicon can still catch on fire).
Kevin

I wish there was a way you could get wires and cut them to fit yourself. I've been buying the ford racing wires and they're a bit too long, but oh well...$40 isn't bad, so I'll prob. just continue using those unless I find something else for about the same price that fit better.

I was leaning toward the Taylor 8.2mm.

Just put the 8mm Taylors on my car; they were a little long, but not bad.

Mustang019.jpg

Mustang018.jpg

Didn't have my sweet zip-tie wire looms on the wires in the pics, but it gives you a decent idea on what to expect for length.

I wish there was a way you could get wires and cut them to fit yourself. I've been buying the ford racing wires and they're a bit too long, but oh well...$40 isn't bad, so I'll prob. just continue using those unless I find something else for about the same price that fit better.

You're kidding, right?
:shrug:

Im going to use the Accell 300+ race wires. Thats what all of my fellow stang friends use, and dont have any problems with it. But when i upgrade some more, im going with the TrickFlow 10mm wires.

I never heard of anything but bad luck with the Ford Racing wires. Mine dry rotted and stopped working within a couple years (stored in a temp controlled garage). My other friends stopped firing one cylinder and the car was running awful for a while. Another friend had one wire fail on him also. I have MSD wires now, but havent had them long enough to judge.

Well I can't say anything bad about the Ford Racing wires. That's what I've got on there now and they're about 7 years old. I suspect though, that their time is probably up.

Well... the final verdict is in. "Cut to fit" wires are the WIN!

Last weekend, I installed a set of Taylor 8.2mm Cut to Fit wires and the layout is awesome. I hadn't realized how much EXCESS wire you get in a set of pre-fit wires. Some of the lengths of wire were more than 7 inches longer than they needed to be.

Moroso Ultra 44

I used to run Taylors,but got pissed off cause the ends kept pulling out,now no problems with the Moroso's and thier freaking HUGE with a nice covering.

Not real cheap though,only downside.