wheel, brake, rearend setup questions.

TurboJoeD.

Nov 8, 2007
So I have a 92 coupe-original four cylinder car. I have found a deal on a fox 8.8 w/sn95 axles rotors, calipers, and lines--everything together and ready to go.
-From my research: This should bring the mounting pad (where the back of the wheel mounts to the rotor) of the rotor out 3/4" on both sides compared to the mounting pad on the stock drums. Right? Please tell me if I am wrong about something.

I want to run 10th anniversary Cobra wheels.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6358
This site says they have 6.12" of backspacing (although, when I do the math of from the listed offset of 26mm--I come up with 5.52" of backspacing (Maybe they are actually accounting for the tire sidewall and bead seal)).

Also according to the Fordracing website: stock 7" wide ponies have 4.87" backspacing (again, my math showed 4.36" with their listed offset of 22mm).

The 10th anniv. wheels have 1.25" more backspacing. Minus the .75" from the the wider rearend setup would leave me with the wheel mounting only .5" closer to the inside of the car.

So, will this work? Does all this info look right to you? My car has ten holes on it now and its at my friends ranch right now about 100 miles away--so I can't really go out and take measurements--well its a 7.5 anyway, so don't know if the track is the same. Any help is appreciated
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i know for a fact that it does stick out 3/4 more, and know that if i run bigger than a 8.5" i will have issues. check out north race cars for the right bracket and axles FTW. i know a guy who has the stuff and is looking to sell if your interested. ill havve to ask him how much he wants.

Alot of the info I have found contrasts with other info I have found, but this should answer my question better:

1. If I have all of the brackets and stuff, then the SN95 brakes and axles should bolt right to the Fox 8.8 right?--without having to use the North Racecars brackets. Guys use the brackets to retain the stock width--Is that correct? So, I don't need them since I want it to stick out
3/4" to make up for the difference in offset.

2. If you have 7" ponies--Could your wheels be 1/2" wider toward the inside of the car and not have any clearance issues?

92mustanggt509, what wheels are you using? And, are you saying that you don't have 1/2" to spare toward the inside nor toward the fender lip?

With a five lug stock length set up and sn 95 wheels you answered question #2. Yes they have a half inch, and yes it works.

As for the cobra wheels. If you dont have it lowered they will fit. I have a 95 axle under my 89. I am running bullets and have plenty of room behind but in front would be a problem. It has fms springs as well.
Sorry I dont have a straight rear shot:
View attachment 333139

You'll need a different brake master cylinder and proportioning valve to do rear disk brakes. See http://www.svo73mm.cjb.net for more info on what you will need to do.

The site doesn't sell anything but some fittings, but the tech notes are great. It tells you what junkyard or remanufactured parts to use to upgrade your brakes. It has almost everything you could want to know about Mustang brakes on it.