wheel help

ras50gt

Oct 25, 2005
I have silver cobra r wheels 4 lug on my 93 gt. The other day my girl friend wanted to try driving my car so I let her. We were driving around the neighborhood (no issues, she loves my car and looks hot driving it) and decided to stop at target. As she turned into the parking lot, she hit the curve-hitting the wheel in the rear driver side. I was pissed but tried to stay calm. I know cobras aren't the most expensive wheels in the world but still. The outter part got pretty scraped up, it isn't too bad but still noticable. To make things worse, on my way to school this morning I hit a curve and scrapped the outter rim of the passenger side rear wheel (can't believe i did it but I'm glad i didn't yell at my gf the other day though). So now both sides are depressing to look at. I wanted to find out if there is a good way to fix this. This happened to me awhile back when I avoided an accident and I ended up buying a new wheel, but I don't really want to buy 2 new silver cobra r's. Eventually I know I will get different wheels especially if I go 5 lug in the future. For now, I was thinking maybe sanding them down lightly although the wheel she hit has a gash in it. Then maybe using silver touch up paint. I don't know why this is frustrating me so much, it just sucks cause they use to be clean rims- for many years. I guess I could just let them be and deal with it. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on your location. I have a set of Ford Racing Cobra Rs in silver Im willing to sell. They are new and I mean new. No curb rash whatsoever (gf doesnt drive stang heh heh) . Let me know we can work something out if you like.

I live in California, not sure how much shipping would be. How much were you thinking? Last time I checked places like summit had them for under 150 and at one point 125, and I could probably look around for them somewhere else or get diff wheels. I don't know if I want to spend money on rims when I know I will eventually want a different style or if I go 5 lug. But let me know. Trust me, I had second thoughts of the gf driving the mustang before she even got in the driver seat- it took a lot of trust. We live together, so I knew i would have to deal with it if i said no. I figured she might as well drive it now before any major upgrades/mods, etc. She felt extremely bad though and said she would help me buy new wheels when I'm ready for them...plus an extra bonus last night but I don't want to go :OT: :D

ahhh summit has them for 175 plus shipping, Ford Racing retail price. Im willing to entertain 120 shipped (across country) for one wheel (all I have left) It is literally brand new never driven on (was my full size spare) I paid the full 175 for it so Id rather not go any lower.

Let me know if you want to replace at least one of your rims.