Wheel hits fender wall

JordanB21

Feb 6, 2012
Killeen, Texas
I know absolutely nothing about suspension to start off.

My front end wheel alignment I assume to be off, but really I hardly know what I'm saying.
The front passenger wheel clears the inner fenderwall all around when turning left or right.

But the front driver side wheel hits in the back of the fender wall.
I don't really think it's the tires to blame because I'm using turbines rims.

What am I dealing with, or can do to fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

If the part it is rubbing on the plastic inner fenderwell, are all the push pin clips in place at the bottom? If it is sagging, alinement will not fix this. Besides looking for empty holes, see if the panel moves by hand.

If the part it is rubbing on the plastic inner fenderwell, are all the push pin clips in place at the bottom? If it is sagging, alinement will not fix this. Besides looking for empty holes, see if the panel moves by hand.
The panel actually isn't there that goes around the fender wall (for example, the part that covers up the horns in the fender, you can see the horns because that piece is missing).

It's just metal back there, part of this misalignment thing is it actually sweeps the back of the fender inwards and bends it. I'll take pictures and post tomorrow (11/21/12):p

what size front tires are on it?
I'll get that for you tomorrow as well, they are admittedly large wall tires, but again, I would imagine this being an issue specifically with that driver side front tire, since the other one does not clash at all with any part of the fender wall and fender (though does come close).

I'll get that for you tomorrow as well, they are admittedly large wall tires, but again, I would imagine this being an issue specifically with that driver side front tire, since the other one does not clash at all with any part of the fender wall and fender (though does come close).

these cars are far from being perfect so that doesnt suprise me at all

Sorry for the really really slow reply, im a bit lazy, anyways, pictures are in!
The first one is when it had the Cobra 17x9 rim on with a tire size of 235/45R17 93H
The rest are with a the 15'' turbines with a tire size of 225/60R15 96
Image 2.JPG

The second image of the rim swiping the fender and having of bent it in a bit, it also hits inside the fender when turned in like that but I couldn't really get a picture of it.
IMG_2304.JPG

And the last two pictures that have the "5.0" emblem on either side of the car is for comparison in space from one side to the other to show how far back the driver side wheel is.
IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2309.JPG

I'll bet you a six pack that car was hit. Did you check the crush zones on the fenders (by the battery and air box) and underneath for frame damage. That wheel should be centered in the wheelwell. Stock K member?

+1 to something is really bent and it's time to get a frame/alinement check out if you are not ready to do your own alignment/alinement (depends who's spelling it-really. I do not care as long as the car goes straight and does not dart when they are done.).

The best part is the guy was driving on that Cobra rim like that....you can see why I got new ones.

Anyways, here's to hoping he didn't ruin the car that badly. Hoping it's the spindle..-___-
and on to pricing front end kits as well. I'll pull of the rim and take a look and do some reading.

and do the spindles, a arms or k member of a 2.3 carry over to a 5.0? in case I have to go junk yard shopping.

funnnny. The cobra rim didn't hit noticeably when I drove on those (didn't drive on the road). When I took these off I forgot where they came from on the car. I already had these pictures taken from when I bought it.

I simply didn't consider it, just called the rim trash and not worth a dime, since after I bought the new rims and tires I was just considering gaining back what I spent some.

The rims are not even in question, with that amount of rear dis-alignment, there is deff something bent, if not more than one thing. First it looks like a harsh curb, and if that drivers fender is original, I would be looking at the A-arm first, then considering replacing the k-member. There is something very wrong that is bent, and I doubt if it is a spindle, but more of a a-arm or k-member at the a-arm bushings area. From what I remember, the 2.3 and the 5.0 setups are of a different length, so not so much interchangeable. I would suggest going ahead and getting an aftermarket front end setup.