Wheel Polishing(are they shot?)

gibson89LX

Founding Member
Jan 28, 2002
Brunswick, OH
I have 17" polished cobra replicas on my '02. I had to drive the car ONCE during the winter(don't ask why...) promptly washed it at the carwash up the road before I recovered her. However some salt stuck to the wheels. Now I have this brake dusty/crusty crap ALL over my wheels. I spent 3 hours on one wheel and it still looks lack-luster. I tried a powerball with mother's high-quality mag polish, didn't work well enough, so I dove in by hand which did BETTER but wore me out very quickly.
So I'm riding around with one quasi-shiny wheel and three wheels that look like dirty grey-painted alum rims :nonono: I was wondering if some places offer "Professional" polishing that can renew the shine, or if there's anything else I can try? :shrug:
I want this shiny glint back :(
308695116_l.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

yes, there are companies that will polish wheels for you. many charge $50-100 per wheel. depends on the area you live. check the yellow pages, or ask a bodyshop who they use for wheel repair/polishing.

bigcat said:
yes, there are companies that will polish wheels for you. many charge $50-100 per wheel. depends on the area you live. check the yellow pages, or ask a bodyshop who they use for wheel repair/polishing.
That's not too too bad, Do you think they'd have to unmount the tires from the rim or even the wheels off the car to do the polishing, or do you think they could do it on-car?