Wheel PS thoughts

• Sponsors (?)

I vote no for the black wheels. I think black wheels look cheap. Also, that style is too modern looking and looks out of place. Your car looks sweet as it is. I have a question though, whats with the 2 gray/silver stripes on the fender? Isn't that a Corvette thing? I've seen red ones on Vettes. I wouldn't black out the window trim either, but that does look ok.

Stripes are an F.I.A thing done back in the 60's. There is actually a good amount of Shelby's (mainly Cobra roadsters) that had them. Most of them were over the hood and attached to the center stripe or were one single stripe that went across the whole front.

2dbqvwl.jpg

vintage_shelbycobra_racer.jpg

carroll_shelby_3_cobras.jpg

Also, there is an over head shot somewhere of I believe a factory or the pits of a group of Mustangs (I think Terlinquas) and there are some of the fender stripes in the mix. I may have it in my book collection.

Go for it man. If you have been wanting to do it then don't worry about what others think. I personnaly think it will look good. The photoshoped picture does'nt do it justice to how it will really look.

A lot of people on these forums will always say that the only thing that looks good on a classic is stock wheels.

Go for it man. If you have been wanting to do it then don't worry about what others think. I personnaly think it will look good. The photoshoped picture does'nt do it justice to how it will really look.

A lot of people on these forums will always say that the only thing that looks good on a classic is stock wheels.

The wheels don't have to be stock, all though I really do like the chrome styled steel wheels and the Magnum 500s. They just need to be the right style. Most of the vintage aftermarket wheels look great. Alot of the retro style 16-17 inch wheels look good. Those wheels are just too modern, and look like the were borrowed off of some other car.

I think it will look pretty sweet blacked out, but then again I'm a fan of the blacked out sleeper look. Plus those rims aren't black. They're more of a dark charcoal which will look awesome on your ride. I say go for it and do what makes you happy!

I don't see how people like my car as is but dislike modern wheels on the old cars. My wheels are Bullitt replicas. How more modern can you get? The wheels I PS'd are black 03 Cobra rims off some other car just for reference purposes.

I like it in black but don't have the $$ for new rims.

The reason the wheels look good is like I said before, they have a classic or retro style to them. The other wheels do not, so they don't match the style of the car at all.