Wheel question

94 3.8

Apr 3, 2008
Hey, all I know this question has been asked before but there is something that was not pointed out unless I am mistaken. I own a 94 v6 coupe. I also may have access to a set of the 07 bullit style wheels 17"and tires (FREE). I understand that there is an offset difference of approximately a half inch and that spacers and longer wheel studs are required. My question comes down to the tire size in another post someone pointed out that the 17s on a 96 and an 06 tire overall diameters are different (he is correct) but between a 15" tire size on a 94 and 06 17"(235/55/17) the 15" tire(205/65/15) is almost a 3/8" smaller in diameter (according to TireRack.com factory sizes) there is however a 1.25" difference in width which is still narrower than a 96 gts 17" tire width. As long as the fender clearances are the same from 94-04 they should clear.
So I guess I am saying it appears by the numbers that the new tires and wheels should clear and fit other than the 1/2 " spacing and longer wheel studs??? Which comes up too about $35 per wheel to replace (obviously some manual labor) It seems like given the right deal on the wheels it would be worth the trouble. Or is there something I am missing here???

• Sponsors (?)

I AM WRONG

Well I realize no one has posted yet but I am incorrect on my tire size calculations and the 08 tire is actually 1.5-1.75" taller and would not be a good fit. The wheels however would still work with adapters. I apologize for my mistake.

But adapters are a bad idea.

Personally, if you need spacers to make a wheel fit, then the wheel doesn't fit the car and should not be used.

If you run spacers, you should run quality spacers from maximum motorsports that are hubcentric and also upgrade to hardened studs. The studs will cost about $25 for all 20 studs and then the spacers are about $150 for the front and rear...so $325ish just to bolt the wheels on safely.

Then the tires are the incorrect size and will rub.

For the cost of all that, you could buy the correct SN95 bullit 18" wheels and do it right