Wheel "resto" question. Opinions needed

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I got a set of 4 lug ROH ZS wheels from a customer. I had them on my LX but the tires were ancient no names and were skkkketchy in the rain and the wheels had some curb rash and alot of corrosion under the clear on the lip. So I'm stripping them down to metal, getting rid of all the corrosion and re-painting them and then selling them for some chingaling. I was thinkin of keeping them silver but not sure if I should go for black or gunmetal. I want these things to sell and I'm tryin to think of which color would be best for resale.

Heres what the wheels look like. Not my wheels, just an example.

roh.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, black was an idea but I think the style of the wheel would get lost if they were black. I have a butt load of silver in the shop so they are probably going to stay silver. Now, how much do I price these at?..........

Yea they are a great looking wheel. I would keep them on my LX its just the thing is bone stock and the tires were mismatched brands (which drives me nuts) and its not lowered so they just didnt look right to me. Your car is dead sexy man! Wish I could see it in person in Carlisle but I aint gonna be able to make it out there this year. Next year for sure!

Yea they are a great looking wheel. I would keep them on my LX its just the thing is bone stock and the tires were mismatched brands (which drives me nuts) and its not lowered so they just didnt look right to me. Your car is dead sexy man! Wish I could see it in person in Carlisle but I aint gonna be able to make it out there this year. Next year for sure!

It"s nicer in photos, previous owner had it painted but did a so so job...but the underside is so crisp and clean I fell in love

I believe briefly those wheels were available with the star section in black with a red lip.
If i remember correctly, they looked pretty good.

If you're gonna paint them, put a teeny bit of JB Weld over tne nicks before you paint them. Ive done this to 10 holes and it works awesome. Just sand it down like you would bondo after it dries and paint, then you're good to go. I've fixed curb rash this way and even fixed a huge chunk taken out of a the gasket lip of a set of valve covers. It's all good if you're gonna paint over it anyway.

Knew i had some pics of these rims painted different ways.
blackcouperohs3.jpg

These are one of the other special edition sets i was talking about.
Black with a blue anodized lip.
The other was black with red anodized lip.

This car looks pretty bad ass.

I think in today's market black with a colored lip will sell for the most money.