Wheel Spacer Question...

1" hubcentric on a 9.5 inch wheel

102500.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Kilgore Trout said:
Someone link that thread where the guy's rear wheel launches off the car at full speed driving down the highway. It had great pics of what can go wrong...

There was a thread on Mustangworld (yeah i know) where someone wanted to install a 1/2" spacer on the rear of their FOx to push the wheels out. We all told him to get hubcentric and install hardened lugs due to only being 4-lug. He didn't. We said he'd snap a wheel off, he said not to worry.

A couple weeks later he was posting about his rear wheel passing him at 60MPH :nonono:

Then he blamed the car :nonono:

Mustang5L5 said:
There was a thread on Mustangworld (yeah i know) where someone wanted to install a 1/2" spacer on the rear of their FOx to push the wheels out. We all told him to get hubcentric and install hardened lugs due to only being 4-lug. He didn't. We said he'd snap a wheel off, he said not to worry.

A couple weeks later he was posting about his rear wheel passing him at 60MPH :nonono:

Then he blamed the car :nonono:
Exactly, and if you have ABS it is a lot harder to change to the hardened lugs because you will damage the ABS ring almost every time...

stangGT97 said:
Ambo, I have 1.25" spacers in the rear, they push the wheels out flush :nice:

Remember though, Ambo has a new edge style which has a wider rear end, so 1" would probably be good to go on stock 17x8" wheels.

Again my take....
As a guideline for SN95: Stock 17x8" wheels 1.25" to make it flush (had this)
17x9" (Cobra) wheels 1" to make it flush

As a guideline for NewEdge: Stock 17x8" wheels 1" to make it flush
17x9" (Cobra) Looks good, leave it be
if you must 1".