Wheel Spacers (hubcentric) with the stock 17"x8" rims?

StangIt #1

Founding Member
Oct 25, 2001
Washing the Car
Just wondering if these are safe/effective ways to "flush" the appearance of the tires in relation to the fenders on a SN95 car. I am running the stock size tire (245/45/ZR17) on the stock rims (17"x8"), and the car has been lowered with Bullitt springs. I did a search on wheel spacers, but am wanting to see more pics and to hear more feedback about them. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

StangIt #1 said:
Just wondering if these are safe/effective ways to "flush" the appearance of the tires in relation to the fenders on a SN95 car. I am running the stock size tire (245/45/ZR17) on the stock rims (17"x8"), and the car has been lowered with Bullitt springs. I did a search on wheel spacers, but am wanting to see more pics and to hear more feedback about them. Thanks!
Check this out.http://maximummotorsports.com/

Ask and you shall receive...

I have 30mm (1-3/16") H&R spacers on my rear. Once I lowered my car with H&R SuperSports the rear wheels looked way too inset. The spacers have definitely improved the look and I haven't scraped on my tires yet (knock on wood). These pictures aren't the best but I think you can see the difference.

Before I put on the wheel spacers (after lowering)...

spacer_before.jpg

After I installed the spacers (and smoked headlights)...

spacer_after.jpg

I had to grind down the wheel lugs but not too much. I didn't get into the threads.
The spacers...

wildfire_wheel_spacer.jpg

My pets after the change.... (j/k)

caught.jpg