Wheel Stud, ABS Exciter in the way

hobbes80

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2002
Northern Virginia
How do I get around the ABS Exciter to get the wheel stud out of the passenger side wheel hub?

I have gotten the caliper off (dang E-brake cable was i the way, so that's off too), pounded out the old stud, but it won't go the rest of the way because the exciter is in the way. I don't want to chip any teeth off of it as that would be more $$ than I have to spend.

Anyone have any tricks?

I know there are threads like this, but nobody says how to get around the exciter... is it just an angle?

Thanks in Advance,
--Hobbes

• Sponsors (?)

You have to play with angles. You might have to put a bit of pressure on it to get it around the ring. You won't chip teeth on it, but they are fragile. Most of the ones I have broke just split in half...be careful.

What year and model is this car?

I just did this on the same wheel on my 05 GT and it just came right out with no problem.

'02 (see sig)

SVT32VDOHC said:
You have to play with angles. You might have to put a bit of pressure on it to get it around the ring. You won't chip teeth on it, but they are fragile. Most of the ones I have broke just split in half...be careful.

Ok... thanks for the tip... the stud has been in the freezer since yesterday, I'm hoping those few hundredths (thousandths?) of an inch will help too... :D