Wheel Stud Question. Please Help!

Curty1107

Sep 6, 2003
I just got new rims for my stang.... the only problem is that 2 of the studs in the back are broken. They snapped off. So I went to the local auto store and got some new wheel studs for the back... now my question is... how the hell do i install them? I have an idea of how to do it but I just need a little more help so I can get in done in time for Fun Ford Weekend on Friday in Houston. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

haha, i just went through this kinda. Well, you should decide now if you are ever get new gears, run slicks(longer studs), stuff like that. I say that because you need to press the new studs in. In order to press in a stud you need to remove the axle. In order to do that you need to remove your wheel, brakes, differential cover, center pin bolt, center pin, push axle in, take c-clips out, pull out axle press in studs, then reverse.
So while your at it, if you have stock gears, get new gears and anything else you want done to your rear. I have 3.73's for sale unused still in box FRPP, if you are interested pm me.

Tony01GT said:
haha, i just went through this kinda. Well, you should decide now if you are ever get new gears, run slicks(longer studs), stuff like that. I say that because you need to press the new studs in. In order to press in a stud you need to remove the axle. In order to do that you need to remove your wheel, brakes, differential cover, center pin bolt, center pin, push axle in, take c-clips out, pull out axle press in studs, then reverse.
So while your at it, if you have stock gears, get new gears and anything else you want done to your rear. I have 3.73's for sale unused still in box FRPP, if you are interested pm me.

All of that is not necessary. When I had a wheel stud break I bought a new one and took the car to the shop. I would have done it my self, but you need a press, and I'm lazy. It took the shop 30 minutes to remove the old one and put the new one in. Only cost me 30 bucks.