Wheels-Tires Wheel/tire Combos Known To Fit

14x7 rim 4 inch backspacing, 26x9.5-14 tire this is only for the rear
attachment.php

attachment.php
I see everyone posts they use a 26 or 26.2. Is trying to fit a 27 totally outa the question. Also with 5/8 narrower tubular uppers what backspace u think I could get on a 15x7 bassett steel rim for up front

• Sponsors (?)

It is from a Fox body. It takes a little cutting and welding for the fill tube and the pickup (if you use a mechanical pump....for an electric pump, you might be able to use the stock location?), and there is one part of the tank that I beat for leaf spring clearance. I am planning on making a little video of what all was done and putting it on youtube, I have had quite a few questions about it. I just need to come up with the time to do it now....

sorry OT I know: What I have done in my MII's for EFI is take a 5"x5" square around the fuel "tower" of an '87-93 Fox tank, pump stand and all, then have the local radiator/tank shop weld/graft the Fox tower right over the breather vent hole above the deepest part of the MII tank. I keep the MII level sender at the bottom, weld the OE gravity feed nipple on bottom closed. 255l/hr in tank pump, good to go. now you can get really fancy and have them braze on some 3/8" and 5/16" adapters to -8an feed and -6an return and use the OE 5/16" hard line on the frame rail as your "return" and run a fresh -8an (1/2") feed line to the front. SEFI fuel system plumbing 101...LOL
~Rob

well i finally got to do it due to being lucky in getting some 17x8 and 17x9 cobra R rims from a fox body mustang. the fronts are 17x8 w/4.5 back spacing and bolt right on fine. the rear are 17x9 w/5.5 back spacing and i had to add a 1" spacer and they bolted right on. on all 4 fenders the lips have been rolled. 275x40x17 rears and 245x45x17 up front. and yes i am running the 1" lowering blocks out back and 2000 mustang GT cut coils up front, handles like a slot car now :nice:

I'm with manny on this one... My KC has Heidts full tubulars front (no strut rod), QA-1 coil over conversion, I can't remember the name of the brake kit. Granada + Ford calipers from a Linclon, pushes the front out 1/2" each side. Out back Detroit comp leaf springs, SSM Bars, custom bushings, 3/4" lowering blocks, '67-70 mustang 8" housing which is 2.25" wider overall flange to flange. Custom 10" rear disc brake kit with Lincoln rotors and calipers w/parking brakes .

http://www.mustangsandmore.com/ubb/FordRearDimensions.html

I'm running the 17x9 '95 GT split three spokes front w/245/40/17 and 17x9.5" Cobra R rear w/275/40/17.. rear quarters are fully trimmed/rolled. No rub front or back.

For those looking for max meat out back: a simple, cheap swap to the bolt in '67-'70 8" rear housing, have the axles redrlled for 5-lug if needed, gets you 1 1/8" of backspace with out spacers on rear and gets you closer to more "modern" offsets/backspacings.

~R.

I'm running the 17x9 '95 GT split three spokes front w/245/40/17 and 17x9.5" Cobra R rear w/275/40/17.. rear quarters are fully trimmed/rolled. No rub front or back.
~R.

Mmm, I'll have to dispute this one. I won't dispute the rear because of your unique suspension, but up front, first the '95 GT 3-spokes are 17x8 (I run those front and rear) and I have 245/40/17's on them myself. You will definitely experience rub and out-right binding without removing some sheet-metal, the fender liners, and material from the inner-fender body seams. This is with the fender fully rolled. And I don't think the 1/2" of additional width from your suspension would make a difference, I have a 2" spacer and still got rub due to the height of the tire.

A careful eye will notice my trimming of the fender opening bottom, front & rear. Fender liner removed, body seam cut down inside the well, with 2" of spacer from stock. So "fits" yes, term used very loosely.

Attachments

• stang_outside_1.JPG
    stang_outside_1.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
I have those Welds on my 74 Ghia and hate them. The fronts make cracking noises when you put load on them like turning slowly. It's apparently a known issue with them. I have American Racing AR62 Outlaw II's with BFG T/A's saved in my Tire Rack cart ready to go.