Wheel/Tire Question

DanDaMan

Feb 28, 2006
I'm interested in GT500 reproduction wheels for my '05 GT. True to the real thing they are 18x9.5 and one place that I've seen them on-line has two offset choices: +24 and +50. My plan is to emualte the GT500 and use 255/45's in the front and 285/40's in the rear--just like the GT500 is apparently going to have. I've e-mailed their "expert advice" but have not yet heard back and their cust. service number just rings and rings. Plus I always like to hear from those who have been-there, done-that.

My question is which offset do I choose. I’ve read many places that I will likely need an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear--no problem. What else will I need, if anything (i.e. spacers)?

Am I going to encounter any problems with the tires on these wheels rubbing against the wheel well or the fender? I currently do not have any modifications to the suspension but I am eyeing the FRPP Handling Package. Do any of you that are in the know think I will have any problems at any point?

Incidentally, this car is my "daily driver" getting about 2500 miles/month--all highway/smooth city. I've had it barely a year and already have over 27,000 miles on it:jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

If your question is simply "What offset to use"?
You should just ask someone at your local "rim shop". I put 18x8.5 on my 06 GT! :D They look Great and they handle a lot better then the stock 17's. The offset varies from wheel to wheel. You should just call a local "shop" (or the website who's offering the wheels) and ask which one will fit better.

offset is 45mm on oem wheels.
You can put the 50mm offset on front and the 24 on the rear. The 24 mm offset wheels will stick out an inch further than the 50mm offset to give that staggerd look!

StonePony said:
offset is 45mm on oem wheels.
You can put the 50mm offset on front and the 24 on the rear. The 24 mm offset wheels will stick out an inch further than the 50mm offset to give that staggerd look!

Stone,

I'm actually not looking for "that staggerd look". I'm looking more for the "came from the dealer that way" look. I'd like to keep eveything tucked nicely within the wheel well if I can.

Dan

p.s. Thanks, everyone, for the info.