Wheels: Before and After!

• Sponsors (?)

They look great! :nice:

You could even try "decal" pinstriping them if you are apprehensive about painting the stripes on. Just temperarily or leave it permanently if you are happy with it.
I did some similar pinstriping with vinyl on my motorcycle rims and they still look great after 6 years.

T0BASC032 said:
They look great! :nice:

You could even try "decal" pinstriping them if you are apprehensive about painting the stripes on. Just temperarily or leave it permanently if you are happy with it.
I did some similar pinstriping with vinyl on my motorcycle rims and they still look great after 6 years.

This is definitely an option (and cheaper I bet ~ the pinstriper is expensive) but I was thinking it would be hard to lay the pinstripe tape down in a circle without it bunching up.

Did you have any problems?

Also, did you use anything over the striping to keep it from peeling off?

thanks!

Folly77 said:
I was thinking it would be hard to lay the pinstripe tape down in a circle without it bunching up.

Also, did you use anything over the striping to keep it from peeling off?

You have a nice fresh surface for the striping to adhere to, and the striping is pliable, so I think if you took it slow and pressed it down firmly all around, you wouldn't have any worries.

Over time, paint is a better option, but this is something you can do yourself in an hour for $10. Not to mention the fact that if you are unhappy with the results, it can be taken back off in a couple of minutes with no harm done.

When you said the paint guy wanted the rims on the car first, I just envisioned disaster for some reason :rolleyes:

Also, be sure and tell the shop that puts the tires on to static balance the rims, so as the weights aren't visible, and to be delicate with the new finish.

T0BASC032 said:
When you said the paint guy wanted the rims on the car first, I just envisioned disaster for some reason :rolleyes:

the way he explained it he's doing it by hand so he wants to be able to turn the wheel while laying down the stripes.

I will definitely look into the pinstripe tape. Thanks!

Ya thats the way to get a nice clean circular pinstripe is to lock the brush into one spot on the rim, spin the wheel and wala! nice perfect round pinstripe. Move the brush 1/4 inch repeat... :)