Wheels for my '86???

86bigred

Dec 29, 2008
I have a 1986 mustang gt foxbody convertible. I would like to get some good lookin wheels for it. Any suggestions on what kind look good would be apreciated!!!! thx

Attachments

• DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

17 inch 4 lug cobras always look good. They will look good on pretty much any fox Mustang. Silver or chrome, your choice!

I Agree their my favorite obviously but if u get them don't get the knockoffs chrome starts peeling fast not worth it i got real ones look at mine their 6 years old.

homepics006.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

Attachments

• homepics006.jpg
    homepics006.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC02074.jpg
    DSC02074.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 41
I Agree their my favorite obviously but if u get them don't get the knockoffs chrome starts peeling fast not worth it i got real ones look at mine their 6 years old.

Aren't all the 4 lug versions knock offs since the real deal is 5 lug?

Oh, and my choice wheel at the moment would be the BBS RK in silver:

bbs_rk_ci3_l.jpg

Attachments

• bbs_rk_ci3_l.jpg
    bbs_rk_ci3_l.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 68
Aren't all the 4 lug versions knock offs since the real deal is 5 lug?

Nope, FRPP makes a 4 lug 17inch Cobra are in both silver and chrome.
Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-1007-R54C*]

I wouldn't say that aftermarket wheels are junk because it all depends on the company you buy from. If you buy from a good well known replica company you won't have any problems. I had to buy a replica wheel because the rim i wanted FRPP doesn't offer it in the right offset. I've had them for 4 years and have had no problems. But aftermarket does not compare to FRPP of course. Its like going out and buying a cap and rotor from AutoZone and then going to the Ford dealership and getting one. Of course the Ford part is better.

'03 Anniversary Cobra rims have just been released, those are my new favorites in 4-lug. If you're going to do a 5-lug swap, I'd go with some Bullitts, FR500s, or like 85_SS_302_Coupe mentioned, the BBSs.

Nope, FRPP makes a 4 lug 17inch Cobra are in both silver and chrome.
Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-1007-R54C*]

I wouldn't say that aftermarket wheels are junk because it all depends on the company you buy from. If you buy from a good well known replica company you won't have any problems. I had to buy a replica wheel because the rim i wanted FRPP doesn't offer it in the right offset. I've had them for 4 years and have had no problems. But aftermarket does not compare to FRPP of course. Its like going out and buying a cap and rotor from AutoZone and then going to the Ford dealership and getting one. Of course the Ford part is better.

I agree 100% their not all bad knockoffs but u gotta do your homework cause there are some that the chrome starts to peel in the lug holes and in the inner dish quick, none are as good as the real thing but if i had to replace one of mine i would have to go knockoff and do my best to protect it, they are 300 hundred a rim:eek:

Holy crap....$300 a rim.....for that price i'll stick with the BBS's.

$300.00 a rim doesn't suprise me one bit. You gotta realize that you aren't going to find a better quality rim, and don't forget that the rim that was quote was in chrome. I'm sure the silver are quite a bit cheaper. But you pay for what you get. If your gonna be cheap about building a Mustang it will catch up with you in the end. Build it once with quality parts and you won't have any issues if your responsible with it. You pay for what you get. Best way you can put it.

$300.00 a rim doesn't suprise me one bit. You gotta realize that you aren't going to find a better quality rim, and don't forget that the rim that was quote was in chrome. I'm sure the silver are quite a bit cheaper. But you pay for what you get. If your gonna be cheap about building a Mustang it will catch up with you in the end. Build it once with quality parts and you won't have any issues if your responsible with it. You pay for what you get. Best way you can put it.

I believe the idiom is "you get what you pay for". But I agree, especially with chrome wheels, spending the extra coin is worth it to avoid cracking and chipping chrome.

I believe the idiom is "you get what you pay for". But I agree, especially with chrome wheels, spending the extra coin is worth it to avoid cracking and chipping chrome.

Hell Yeah in 6 years i have seen a couple chrome knockoff versions from people i know deteriate badly i think i would be on my 3rd set of knockoffs already and they dont look quite as good to start off, my rims spent their first 4 years outside in all seasons and are perfect make no mistake if u can afford real ones DO IT!!!