Wheels N' Axles

FivePointO

Sep 29, 2009
NY
Was looking to get a set of Bogart D-10s for the coupe...but wayyyy over budget, looks like a set of Draglites will do me for now. I am converting to 5-lug and they have a choice 28(stock) or 31, will the 31 splines fit without having to change the stock unit in the rear? Also, can anyone tell me what the backspacing is for the front/rear wheels will be? (stock 89' coupe)
I know I am looking for a 5"x4.5" bolt pattern for the 5-lug
15x8 (275/50/15) rear
15x4 (185/50/15) front

Does it sound like this combo will fit correctly? Jeez this makes me realize how long I have been out of the game. Still have the CHP 347 en route to my garage!

Thanks much!

• Sponsors (?)

28 spline will fit only
15x8 5.5bs is perfect
15x3 1/2 1.75" bs

Look for some used d-10's guy on corral is asking 1200 for a set I believe and keeps saying he needs to get rid of them. Maybe you could pick them up cheap. Deff worth the money, I love mine and the weight difference is substantial.

what size tire are you gonna run? a 10" wheel with a 6.5 BS will flatten the tire out alot more and give you a better chance of actually hooking

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure and check out those D10s, I love the way they look.

I was planning on running a 275/50/15 Drag radial as the car will see a lot of daily driving.

As far as the axle splines....as already stated, all of our 8.8s have 28-spline axles. That is determined by the carrier/spider gears in the diff. Now, I don't remember what vehicle off the top of my head, but I know there was another Ford that had a 31-spline 8.8 trac-lok diff that was a direct swap and would allow use of the 31-spline axles.