When I drive too long at 4-5000 RPM, My 4V...

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there is an AutoZone near you they should be able to pull the codes for free. im gonna be in LA with a friend getting his 04 mystichrome, but on tuesday or wednesday i should have access to AllData and can help with diagnosing the problem. and i agree with you, its your car, drive it as you please. where in socal are you?

• Sponsors (?)

wms004 said:
Obviously in the twisties 3k rpm+ is ideal, but they aren't at that RPM for allll that long. From your post people are percieving that you are on the highway for long periods of time at 4500+.. thats why they are freaking out. I'm not a Pu$$y.

I was only lashing out at the fools that responded earlier. I'm sure you're right. However...there was still no reason to throw courtesy and respect out the window just because you are ignorant about the subject matter. Man...there are fewer grownups on this board than I thought.

I'm a 48 yr old who will not go out of his way to prove anything to anybody...screw them...but you youngsters need to know that there are some driving sons o' bitches out there that aren't afraid of a screaming V8 on a canyon road somewhere...and they are serious as a heart attack while doing it!

So whatever fella's. I think my blood pressure is back down now....flame on! :banana:

I'm in Orange Couty my friend...a long drive from you...especially all the way in 4th gear... :rlaugh:

had that problem once

i once got a check engine light while flying down the highway (not racing or anything :rlaugh: ) and the check engine light came on. every few days or so it would turn back off, and then repeat the process, off and on. i had the code checked, turned out it was the IMRC. it was simply old and covered with crap from high mileage... (car had about 115k miles at that point) had it replaced, everything was fine. gave me a chance to clean the intake as well. :lol:

as to the issue of driving at high RPM's, like others have said, drive it however the heck you want to.
furthermore, i personally dog my Cobra on a daily basis. (yes, my 1998 cobra is my Daily Driver). it has about 156,000 miles on it. all original. stock innards on the motor. completely rebuilt suspension.
these cars were built to be driven hard. if i didnt want a car i could redline at will on a daily basis at 150,000 miles and still kick a$$, i would have bought a chevy. and we all know cobras (and gt's for that matter) reach peak powers in the high RPM's. just my two cents.

tygr1 said:
...seems not to like it!?! I get a 'check eng light'. What's up with that? I've been getting it since I got the car a month or so ago...I just assumed it didn't like the way I was driving it around at higher RPMs...NOW it's starting to get annoying.

It clears itself after a day or two or after a nice, easy drive around (still after a day or two).

It stopped for a week or so after removing the air silencer and dropping in a K&N element.

Car also has 3:73s, weld in Delta 40s, otherwise stock...with 108,000 miles on it...I assure you, it still runs perfectly!

Anyone??? Thanks in advance kids!

You never said anything about autox in this post. Right here you make it sound like you are driving around town at 4-5kRPM's.

Well apparently all of you a$$wipes only know how to drive in a straight line. Ever heard of "High Performance" Automobiles? WTF? Are you a bunch of wannabes or what?
Does anyone with any knowledge of this situation know why I trip a light while driving my car in the twisties at 4-5000 RPM...WHERE IT SHOULD BE.

These GT pu$$ies are one step above ricers when it comes to driving a car I guess.

YOU'RE the one that came back with an attitude, so YOU need to chill out. You state in a later post that you're a 48 yr old. So far YOU'RE the one acting like a "kid". People got on here concerned about the rpm's you were running and you flame them? If you're not prepared to deal with a couple dumb a$$ comments here and there, then get off this bbs. Not to mention the fact that you come into another mustang fourm and start bagging on other stang owners. Real grown up. :rolleyes:

Tell ya what, Richard Petty, pack your bags and go over to the SVT boards and post your high and mighty 4v :rolleyes: crap over there and see how far it gets you.

ibtl

Modular2v said:
the PI 2 valve is a dead even race with a 96-98 4 valve

PI 2V = teh lose, to put it in terms the kids understand these days. 225-230 rwhp stock, against 255-260 rwhp stock. I'm sure lots of folks will want to bust out the old anecdotes about their friend who went from a roll on the interstate, or their brother who raced one yada yada yada...

I'm not saying I never happens, I'm saying that it happens in a minority of cases, and a 30 rwhp advantage by the 4V cannot be ignored.

tygr1 said:
Well apparently all of you a$$wipes only know how to drive in a straight line. Ever heard of "High Performance" Automobiles? WTF? Are you a bunch of wannabes or what?

Does anyone with any knowledge of this situation know why I trip a light while driving my car in the twisties at 4-5000 RPM...WHERE IT SHOULD BE.

These GT pu$$ies are one step above ricers when it comes to driving a car I guess.
GT *******??

yeah, non of us race. We just stand by our cars. what a ****ing looser.

tygr1 said:

hey man i wouldn't go and piss people off, u came to us for help and advice. its funny but none of us go around and run our cars at 4-5000 do we. so r u telling me that u drive ure car between 4-5000 rpms in turns for extended periods of time? what roads do u drive on? i wanna go there and see how my car handles. what a tool.

Jesus guys its not like he came to the best site for tech on the internet anyway.

The light is probably caused by heat. Your cooling system cannot keep up with the heat generated from extended high rpm's. Try flushing it out and maybe a cooler stat.
Whoever said that 99PI>96-98 4V doesnt have any buisness posting in any tech site.
BTW www.modulardepot.com is a tech place not here.

billyfe390 said:
Jesus guys its not like he came to the best site for tech on the internet anyway.

The light is probably caused by heat. Your cooling system cannot keep up with the heat generated from extended high rpm's. Try flushing it out and maybe a cooler stat.
Whoever said that 99PI>96-98 4V doesnt have any buisness posting in any tech site.
BTW www.modulardepot.com is a tech place not here.

Yes that’s true but you have to remember that 30HP advantage comes with 300LBS more so when they beat us it's with a small advantage basically that’s why I never had trouble being right up their ass when I didn’t have my car moded.

GreyGoose said:
Yes that’s true but you have to remember that 30HP advantage comes with 300LBS more so when they beat us it's with a small advantage basically that’s why I never had trouble being right up their ass when I didn’t have my car moded.
I really wasnt talking about stock I was mainly talking about the usualy mods exhaust gears etc. Yeah stock you will keep up I guess I should have specified.

****YOU'RE the one that came back with an attitude, so YOU need to chill out. You state in a later post that you're a 48 yr old. So far YOU'RE the one acting like a "kid". People got on here concerned about the rpm's you were running and you flame them? If you're not prepared to deal with a couple dumb a$$ comments here and there, then get off this bbs. Not to mention the fact that you come into another mustang fourm and start bagging on other stang owners. Real grown up.

Tell ya what, Richard Petty, pack your bags and go over to the SVT boards and post your high and mighty 4v crap over there and see how far it gets you.

ibtl****

Agreed...I offer my apologies to all...seriously. I think my blood-sugar was low. :nonono:

BTW...there are a ton of GTs that can kick my a$$ in a straight line drag race. My car is by no means a race car. The driver, however, is a 'child'.

Flame on.

billyfe390 said:
I really wasnt talking about stock I was mainly talking about the usualy mods exhaust gears etc. Yeah stock you will keep up I guess I should have specified.

Well once your moded then nothing counts from there on it's how much money you wanna put in it and remeber he said GT *******............ V4 is not a cobra thing so nothing keeps us from droppin in a Mach1 Engine in the GT and we all know whats the Best 4V NA out there :D

tygr1 said:
****YOU'RE the one that came back with an attitude, so YOU need to chill out. You state in a later post that you're a 48 yr old. So far YOU'RE the one acting like a "kid". People got on here concerned about the rpm's you were running and you flame them? If you're not prepared to deal with a couple dumb a$$ comments here and there, then get off this bbs. Not to mention the fact that you come into another mustang fourm and start bagging on other stang owners. Real grown up.
Tell ya what, Richard Petty, pack your bags and go over to the SVT boards and post your high and mighty 4v crap over there and see how far it gets you.
ibtl****
Agreed...I offer my apologies to all...seriously. I think my blood-sugar was low. :nonono:
BTW...there are a ton of GTs that can kick my a$$ in a straight line drag race. My car is by no means a race car. The driver, however, is a 'child'.
Flame on.

next time be more detailed when start a thread.

tygr1 said:

Do the rest of us 4v'ers a favor and go drive your car off a cliff, you're an idiot.

I bet the next thread you'll post will be something like 'When I run my 4v at 6500+ rpm for 25 minutes straight it startes to melt things.. why is this?'

I think you should be driving a Honda bro.

Modular2v said:
billy i didnt say that the 99pi was greater than the 4v i said it was equal to! And yes that is due to a weight disadvantage. geeeshhh FE guys! lol jk (i have one in the garage)
LMAO someone else that knows FE's. I was kinda harsh about that but I meant modded not stock I really should get detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.