When is my 05 GT going to be built?????

D's_Stang

Nov 14, 2004
I ordered an 05 GT on 11-04. I ordered it with the IUP and Spoiler. The dealer told me 4-6 weeks. Obviously thats not going to happen. I dont even have a VIN # or build date. From what I've been hearing they aren't going to be building any GT's with the IUP until February. Is that true? I don't know if I can wait that long. What have you all heard? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

These forums are great for exchanging ideas, etc... but I don't think you will get any concrete answers here considering that it seems to change by the day (as far as what is getting built when, what the shortages are, etc...). I feel your pain though, I would like answers as well.

If it helps though, I can give you my guess....

I think the hangup may be spoiler related. I ordered right after Thanksgiving (premium GT, manual, IUP, upgraded rims, side airbags, spoiler delete). About a week ago my build date was the week of 1/3. I called this last Monday and again yesterday, and now it is the week of 1/17. It is a pretty good guess that it might be pushed back again.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in what dealers tell you. Some know more than others.

Good luck