When is the best time of the year to buy parts?

Fuzion

May 24, 2005
Virginia
Has anybody noticed any trends as to when parts are cheaper throughout the year?
I’m in the process of gathering parts for my new combo and noticed that summit just raised their prices…

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed that all parts go down right when a newer Mustang comes out. When the 05 GT started selling, all the 5.0L parts got cheaper, I don't know why, because 5.0L have been gone since 1995. Wheels have gone down in price every calander year. Also, in 2004, dealers around here pushed 03 and 04 Cobras off their lot.....26K for a coupe, 29.5K for a vert!!!!!!!!!! I should have bought 3!!!! hehe....they sell for more than that used!!! They moved them off the lot to make way for the 05 GT's

I hope they are coming out with a new stang soon...
Im planning on buying a tfs engine kit... in april it cost around $2150.00, today i checked and it's almost at $2500.00 plus shipping. Sucks! my modding is going to have to wait a little longer.

You'd think prices go up when it's nice out and go down in the winter...but then people do a lot of build ups and buy a lot of parts in the winter....so that's a good question.

The only trend i've ever seen is EXPENSIVE and it never really changes :lol:

I hope they are coming out with a new stang soon...
Im planning on buying a tfs engine kit... in april it cost around $2150.00, today i checked and it's almost at $2500.00 plus shipping. Sucks! my modding is going to have to wait a little longer.

Easiest way to do it is google the TFS kit and sift through the millions of ads until you find the cheapest one. Summit has price beat guarantee so just do some searching

Generally, the margins that the big internet catalog sites run on is pretty thin for the "name brand" stuff. That's why you see so few deviations in price from vendor to vendor and why you never see them having sales. That said, I lucked out when we went to Reno for Hot August Nights a couple of weeks ago. I visited Summit for the first time and they had everything in the store 10% for the week of HAN. I picked up a King Cobra clutch kit for $162.