When is your Mustang hibernating?

70stangcoupe

Founding Member
Nov 12, 2001
Winston-Salem, NC
Well, even here in NC the weather is getting colder. I figure I'll take my Mustang off of insurance at the end of this month, and drive my thrifty Nissan Pickup until March or April, whenever the weather gets decent again.

When are you putting your pride away for the winter?

• Sponsors (?)

Silvr04GT said:
I'm going to be storing mine soon, I was wondering what kinda of things I should do to prepare it for the long winter sleep? I know to put it up on jack stands, any other things?

I dont do the jack stands. I hardly do anything, just disconnect the battery and blow the tires up hard as hell to stop them flat-spotting. Never needed fuel stabilizer. Starts right up every time. Obviously i put a cover on it, but thats about it.

my insurancve runs up the begining of november.... but i think i may take it off the road sooner.... we had some snow today for about an hour and a half........... here i pretty well have no choice, i drove it last winter and it was an interesting experience, this year i bought a tempo to go to and from work in.............. you americans have no idea what snow is :D

In about 3 weeks but i really thinks we re a bit silly. Lets face it, were talking about a 15000$ cars. Brother in law just got a M3 ( 92000CAN$) and is running it through winter. I even saw a 03 vert Cobra last winter in the snow and salt.
But every year, i cant resist, the stang goes into the garage and stay there until april .