WHERE AREA ALL THE FAST IMPORTS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miklowcic

Apr 24, 2001
Hillsborough, NJ
So I want to know where are all the "fast" imports and for that matter all those incredibly fast Z06s as well. I have never seen a new Z06 at the track and I am there frequently. I cant wait to race one...if it ever happens..

BUT where are all the fast imports? And I don't mean all the gutted import cars that have been completely rebuilt...although IMOP that's the only way they can beat me.

Where are all the fast "out of the box" imports? The ones that are apparently so close to the 03-04 cobra in stock form...so close that several magazines compared them or even said they were evenly matched.

WHERE ARE YOU? BRING IT ON! :flag:

and please don't get too brave here unless you are willing to back it up at the track!

• Sponsors (?)

I went to Englishtown last night...the night all the imports usually go.

Even when I missed shifts I blew away the imports.. I drove so bad that I missed 3rd and 4th on my third run and STILL blew away the import car I was racing..

I'm so sick of hearing about imps beating people in street races and seeign the videos where you cant even tell when the race was over. I mean did the imp win or was he just too stupid to get off the gas after going 100mph for a while???

AND NOPI TV OH BOY..... I think they pay some slow mustangs to race against their cars.. of course they dont point out that most American car owners stay away..dont go to the track on the day of their events so of course the top domestic competition isn't even there..

The Speed Channel is what brought this thread on!!!!

SO LETS GO.....pass this on to some IMP owners and lets go to the track! every Friday night that the weather cooperates im there.. email me if you want...and bring your video camera!!

Well if u mean imports like Porsche the 2002 Porsche 911 GT2 did the 1/4 mile faster then the cobra. But that just goes to show how much you have to spend on a STOCK car that can beat a 2003 Stock cobra
Cobra : 13.10 s @ 109.4 mph
Porsche : 12.00 s @ 120.7 mph

First of all 13.1 for a stock CObra is not right!

If you read the magazines :mad: I understand why you think that and maybe for an inexperienced driver that might be the time they run, but I ran 12.76 in my car stock and I didn't have much experience at the track at that time either. For some reason magazines like ROad and TRack and Motortrend really look down on Fords. At least when it comes to ET numbers they are always low.

To me the $$$$ cars you bring up can't compete. I stuck a pulley on mine and some drag radials and run faster..

BUt my point here wasn't to talk too much about who should win...but who does win... and that would be us Cobra and Mustang guys with simple bolt ons if not stock.

Don't start talking about fast Hondas. The only ones that are fast are no longer anywhere near what they were when they came out of the factory.

I could rebuild my car and turn it into a 6 second machine if I wanted to spend the money and continue to spend the money on that type of set up. There's a guy at the track with a 6 sec Vette. He had the entire car gutted, pretty much rebuilt... or there's the Milk TRuck! an old jeeze 1930 something Ford i think that runs low 13s.. You can make anything fast. AGain not "who should win" I'm talking about who is winning and it's not the imports.

(BEfore I continue import bashing... I should note that I think overall quality on import cars is far superior to anything "American" made (in quotes because most of the parts on "American" cars come from other countries) and if I was going to by a truck again I would buy a Toyota! Oh and I drive a 89 Volvo (preford buy out of the company) with 257,000 miles and it's great... but slow like all imports! LOL For a commute car I would go with a Toyota... I even like the Prius and the FJ Cruiser....)

lol

NO NO FREAKIN HUGS MAN!!!! NONE!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

LOL I'm just having fun here, but imports are still slow.

ALso trying to find someone who would like to race. A modded...not rebuilt but modded WRX STI or EVO or what ever else should be as fast would be great.. I guess I really should go join a imp site and raise hell there, but I just can't get myself to register on one. lol

:eek:

I think the fastest thing at the last NOPI up here in New England was a 10.7 out of a Honda. Pretty impressive, but I see faster on Street Nights (not imports though).

well i would be willing to arange a race with and a friends honda on the street if you would like. but they dont run for free.so you let me know whats up and if i can make it to e-town one night we could set it up face to face.

Alright... finally ...this has stunk I thought maybe this would spark up some competition.

I don't do street racing...although I would consider a friendly wager at the track...sorry but I got in big trouble a few years back with the state police so I keep it at the track now a days...

Definetely tell your friends and tell them to come say hello if they see me. Im usually the only yellow 03 cobra at the track.

This friday I might be going up to Island raceway...not my favorite place but etown is closed and I am to far to get to Atco after work.. I hate that pro tree they use for Street night at island..

AND NOPI TV OH BOY..... I think they pay some slow mustangs to race against their cars.. of course they dont point out that most American car owners stay away..dont go to the track on the day of their events so of course the top domestic competition isn't even there..

This is funny! apparently you dont attend the event or just focus on the brackets because heads up racing has some of the country's fastest mustangs go... unless you consider our car slow? 7.37@200 on real 28x10's and as for the fast imports they are out there.... as a matter of fact I think the nopi street class had about 10-15 cars that would probably spank you.. I know there was a supra in the New england nopi that went 10.20 on radials and had more in it but had no licence... now I love mustangs and always will but racing in nopi this year opened my eyes......and just so ya know real racers race on a pro tree! others are just slow on reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.