Where can I find a door...

buttons

Apr 23, 2009
I have a 92 LX 5.0 convertible, special edition tripple white on red. Local salvage yards dont have anything, one guy on craigslist has a door, but not for a convertible... i dont want to cut the frame off to make it fit, unless you guys think that would be easy...

Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't hack up a door to try and make it work, it will probably look like crap. I don't know where you are located, but there are salvage yards that specialize in Mustangs. There is a big one in GA, called MPS. Look around to see if there is one near you.

I just figured it wouldnt be that much to cut the window frame off IF EVERYTHING else is identical. the guy is selling me both front fenders and the door for $75 and its red like mine too...

I am in west michigan, slightly north of Grand Rapids. The few junkyards I know of dont have squat, and the cost of shipping is probably more then the door itself. Bare in mind I would love for my mustang to be nice and clean, but its just not in the budget. right now this mustang is an A to B type of car (clunker, puddle jumper, etc)

I bought it with the intention of fixing it up, but my g/f is unemplyed and we have to sell her car, ill drive this mustang to work and back but i need a new door, sooner the better.

check the classifieds and the JY's in the towns around your area. a vert door weighs over 100 lbs so shipping is going to bite you in the ass. even a half day drive would be cheaper on gas than trying to have one shipped

My buddys transmission exploded so i let him borrow my mustang. it snowed, he spun out and hit a pole (pushed the door and fender in about an inch it had some rust along the bottom. While in storage this winter the window got busted out ... so i figure that door is a lost cause. ill keep calling junk yards and see what i can find.