Where can I find one?

SaleenSHO

Mar 31, 2005
Findlay, OH
Hi, I am currently in the market for a 4cyl. fox. I live in ohio, but would be willing to travel. I'm looking for one in the under $1000 range. I dont mind if its in rough shape, as long as it runs. Could anyone point me in a good direction of places to look for these? Autotrader doesnt have many, and Ebay is mostly full of 5.0s. Any help would be appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

SaleenSHO said:
Hi, I am currently in the market for a 4cyl. fox. I live in ohio, but would be willing to travel. I'm looking for one in the under $1000 range. I dont mind if its in rough shape, as long as it runs. Could anyone point me in a good direction of places to look for these? Autotrader doesnt have many, and Ebay is mostly full of 5.0s. Any help would be appreciated!

I am not suprised, I would not drive a 5.0 right now with these gas prices. I have seen many 5.0's up for sale in my area and I have been asked to sell my Stang many times already. If you can find a 4cyl for sale under 1000 that runs do not hesitate. You may not be able to go back and get it later.

Good luck...I tried to find one somewhat locally last year for under $1000, I figured it would be easy....nope. Everyone seems to be asking a minimum of $1500, and there are VERY few of them in the paper. I even see dealerships selling '92-93 2.3's for $3000-4000. That's laughable. I ended up having to get my stupid tempo that I have not liked very much at all. I wanted another 5 speed 2.3L Mustang instead :fuss:

SaleenSHO said:

There are quite a few here between 500 and 1000. just sold my 91 coupe with 119,000 mi on it for 500. it was nearly rust free just needed some tranny work but ran great. had it for sale for months. keep looking you'll find em. You ever look over at www.stangbangerz.com or www.daytonstangboard.com or www.streetracingdayton.com. and the corral of course

Yep, I have pictures.
just hitting 140,000 (oil changed every 2500)
Everything electrical under the hood replaced
New MAF meter (no governer), and new alt.

Pics..
newalternator.jpg

newmassair.jpg

engine1.jpg

rightside.jpg

rightunder.jpg

10hole.jpg

ishot1.jpg

ishot2.jpg

i'll clean it up somemore and take some better pictures..

Attachments

• newalternator.jpg
    newalternator.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 58
  • newmassair.jpg
    newmassair.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 68
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 63
  • rightside.jpg
    rightside.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 61
  • rightunder.jpg
    rightunder.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 10hole.jpg
    10hole.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ishot1.jpg
    ishot1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 57
  • ishot2.jpg
    ishot2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 52
Im located right outside of Jacksonville, FL

Red LX, yes, I spray painted them, but I got some really fine sand paper, and sanded the rims first, then but on a coat of primer, and 2 coats of gloss black, and 3 coats of clear.